GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
why jonny ringo...
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
buddy of mine mentioned there was a kit you can get to put in after you roll your fenders, was curious if any one knows of it. Figured i'd have to roll, then make some new inner fenders out of fiberglass.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
I've never heard of a "kit'.....I've also never had to do any inner fender mods after rolling fender lips....can you be more specific?

Cameron

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts

This is the only one i've ever heard of...I believe its $500...kinda hard to justify when a baseball bat is like 15 bucks :imo

·
why jonny ringo...
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the guy was talkin like there was some kinda newer inner fender pieces to put in after you roll it, no biggie though, just thought i'd check. thanks

·
Registered
503 Posts
i remember seeing a fender rolling kit on the internet somewhere. i'll try to find out where it was and i'll let you know

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Guys, he's not looking for a kit to roll fenders. He's talking about some kit that gets installed after fenders get rolled. Still, I have no clue what he's talking about since you don't need to do anything to inner fender liners....fender lip rolling does not interfere with inner fenders at all.

Cameron

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
can't you rent those things somewhere. I wish I could get my hands on one of those for an hour or two..... I could use about a 1/4 more of fender clearance in the rear so I can be on the safe side.

·
Formerly Chevy8869
507 Posts
I need my fronts rolled on my 88 Chevy C1500, I have sliced the tire a few times, I also have seen the tool online for $500. If anyone knows of anywhere or someone who has one to rent please post it or PM me.
Anybody done this after you already had your paint finished and didn't wanna mess it up? How can you do it safely?

·
Formerly Chevy8869
507 Posts
Matt said:
well the finder rolling too would be a good idea if you're lookin for a solution that will do nothing to the paint. but i don't think i would spend money on this considering you dont see the part that is rolled. in fact, the metal is much harder to see period after rolling.

many like puttin a baseball between the tire and fender. i used a rubber mallet as a fulcrum on the tire and a small prybar to roll it up. there are a few, next to free, ways of gettin this done.

So did you screw anything up by doing it that way? Were you able to get the lip rolled all the way up, I mean ALL THE WAY :think: , cause if I don't do it all the way then if it catches again it will just pull the lip back down again.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Mine looks sorts like that, but I hammered it flatter.... I am still looking to push the sides of the bed out just slightly though to clear the right side since axle is towards the right a little bit

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
no cutting at all... i'm not sure what flat spot you are talking about, but i Do have a NBS and yours is an OBS.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.