GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
nbs 2wd single cab
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the tittle says, this is on a nbs 5.3.
Thanks guys.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,692 Posts
You are doing something wrong as the cai should not give you a cel

·
nbs 2wd single cab
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't bought one yet, I've been told that some of them get rid of the mass air sensor. I just want to not have any surprises. We have vehicle inspections here and I can't have the CEL on or the computer to say something to not get my truck to pass.

I know K&N makes them, just don't know if there are better ones out there.

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
I haven't bought one yet, I've been told that some of them get rid of the mass air sensor. I just want to not have any surprises. We have vehicle inspections here and I can't have the CEL on or the computer to say something to not get my truck to pass.

I know K&N makes them, just don't know if there are better ones out there.
None of them should EVER get rid of the MAS.

And unless you have a shit ton of mods, you wont see much at all if any gains for the 200+ you spend on one. Some actually hurt your performance b/c the air entering the engine isn't as cool as it would be with a stock system.

But, your money :favorites37:

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Also there are different ones depending on Years and what NBS. Ones for 05+ with Efans wont fit trucks with Clutch fans

·
Registered
568 Posts
I got the ebay special for my 04. $60 and it's the same thing as a Spectre which is like $200. Easy to install and it keeps the sensor. No problems. Gave it a little snappier response, and a little more aggressive exhaust note. Plus it sounds like a blow off valve when you tap the gas which is pretty tits

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
i have a k&n idk if it really helps one day i just felt like buying it, probably didnt need to, it should add a little more hp and tq

no CEL

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just get an Airaid Jr. kit and call it a day. don't bother with an expensive so called "CAI".

·
nbs 2wd single cab
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Guys, the Airaid Jr looks like the way to go.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Buy the silicone elbow, silicon adapter, and a $30 cone filter. 4 inch pvc pipe and you're done. If you're feeling fancy paint the pvc pipe.:crazy:

·
Widdlefawk
599 Posts
Buy the silicone elbow, silicon adapter, and a $30 cone filter. 4 inch pvc pipe and you're done. If you're feeling fancy paint the pvc pipe.:crazy:
Why would I want to convert the factory cold air intake into a hot air intake with an open cone filter? Dirty, wet, hot air? No thanks, Honda kids can keep them.

Air raid jr is likely cheaper than the list of parts you rattled off. Mine was $90.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just keep an eye on the "For Sale" sections of the various truck forums (there are others?) and pick up a good deal on someone's used intake. I did, added a little foam and heat shield insulation like the $400 intakes and I'm happy. May replace the filter with a Green one to match the truck. Make it yours.

100_0391.jpg

100_0394.jpg

No cel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts