GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my truck stock and 3 days later I put a 40series single in dual out Flowmaster on my truck, it has dual exits in front of the rear tire, similar to the Gibson SuperTruck......it also has rolled tips, I wanted slash cut but rolled was all the had @ the time and they have just grown on me

the 5.3 has a terrible drone will cruising, and it has gotten to the point where it is hurting my fiancee's ears

stock exhaust is just too quiet and I can no longer take the drone, is there anything that isnt too expensive that is a happy medium? sounds good but not overkill?

any help would be greatly appreciated

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
i liked my hooker aerochamber when i had it.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
corsa db black or red. no interior drone.

Unless you have no cats, in which case they drone probably worse than a flowmaster. :killer:
My sport is loud as fug... gonna have to weld in an SLP resonator before the muffler or something. :hmm:

Have a buddy with the Magnaflow cat-back and it's a nice mellow system with a decent rumble when you get on it.

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so I'm getting the general consensus of the Magnaflow, haha

I love the look of my exhaust coming out in front of the rear tire so I def. want to keep that but maybe go down to just one tip and do a slash cut instead of the rolled tip

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
so I'm getting the general consensus of the Magnaflow, haha

I love the look of my exhaust coming out in front of the rear tire so I def. want to keep that but maybe go down to just one tip and do a slash cut instead of the rolled tip
I don't think you'll do much to eliminate the drone by just going to a single outlet and a different tip. Your fiancee probably won't even notice a difference.
(I'm glad my wife digs the sound of a motor roarin'!)

You could always keep your current system if you really like it, then just have a resonator welded into the mid-pipe before the muffler. I'm thinking of doing this on my set-up in the near future here... Mine is just a cop magnet without the cats right now, so loud!

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Switch to a flowmaster 70 series. Its has a mellow tone while cruising, but it only growls when you slam on the pedal. With the windows closed and radio on I can barely hear it while cruising.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Switch to a flowmaster 70 series. Its has a mellow tone while cruising, but it only growls when you slam on the pedal. With the windows closed and radio on I can barely hear it while cruising.
Possibly more restrictive than stock exhaust.

Magnaflow are wide open and don't drone.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts