GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thats right bitches, i'm a damn genius :crazy:
I have heard of lots of people having issues trying to decide what to do if they didnt have a key hole on the pass side and wanted to swap handles. The rear escy handle wont work since the mounting points are different so this left people stumped, well, I have a solution. I work at Lowes so after work today I headed over to the hardware dept to see what we had. I picked up a 3/4" Chrome Rossette, bassically a fancy headed nail for hanging mirrors and such.

Instead of being flat, the rosette has a slight bulge to it that fills the hole nicely and makes it look quite good. I just superglued the rosette in place and bam, no more hole, and the rosette looks like it should be there stock.

In the pic you can see that its a little scuffed up, I solved that with some mothers chrome polish before i put the handles on the truck. The truck is dirty and the handles are all smeared now, but if its not raining i'll get some pics up tomorrow of them on the truck, specifically the pass side. Hope i have been of some help with this issue instead of just hording a nice solution for a mod to myself *cough* denali clears *cough*

Joe

·
As seen on TV!
863 Posts
pure genius :imo :rocking:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Aren't ya glad I thought of it first? :evil: .. LOL, I had the same idea, just had no idea specifically what to put in the hole .. good job, damn good job :imo

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Good job... I got lucky and I have a lock on both sides

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
egrajeda and orangecrush, check my post in the lounge :shake:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Why don't the rear escalade door handles work on a regular cab truck? I have had mine on there for over a year with no problems.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I have also had rear handles on my regular cab 04 for a year now with no problems. Yes one screw doesnt line up, but the handle is tight enough with 2. And you just have to switch over some hardware from your stock handle to make them work.
And im sure someone took the time to make the 3rd bolt work, I just didnt cause I didnt feel the need. But I havent had a problem and its nearly been a year...

·
Team Black
2,415 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
I have also had rear handles on my regular cab 04 for a year now with no problems. Yes one screw doesnt line up, but the handle is tight enough with 2. And you just have to switch over some hardware from your stock handle to make them work.
And im sure someone took the time to make the 3rd bolt work, I just didnt cause I didnt feel the need. But I havent had a problem and its nearly been a year...

:word: exact same thing I did and they work fine. just had to change the assembly front the front ones to the rear handles.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
the third bolt will tighten to the edge of the opening in the door. it doesnt go where its supposed to, but i used all 3 bolts on both sides. i did have to switch all the mechanisms on the back of the handle from my stockers though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts