GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Max
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my truck to the dealership today for inspection and it failed because the pitman arm and idler arm have excessive play/worn. The truck is a 2006 2500HD Dmax with 49724mi on it. Its used for plowing and they said that might be what caused them to go bad and recommended that I not go with the stock parts and go with aftermarket instead and try to get heavier parts because of the plow being on there in the winter. The price they gave me for the Idler arm kit is $219.08. The price for the pitman arm is $130.02. I need to know where I can get heavier parts for my truck and about how much they're going to cost. I'm going to do research as well but help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
564 Posts
replace tem with moog parts and get the cognito idler/pitman arm bracesthats about the best you'll get

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
The cognito idler arm brace will sure this issue!

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,898 Posts
The cognito idler arm brace will sure this issue!
Word...

The Cognito braces will help alot. It tightened up my stock steering on my HD and it wasn't even worn yet. Just slop in the stock parts.

Definitely a good investment!!!

·
Max
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Word...

The Cognito braces will help alot. It tightened up my stock steering on my HD and it wasn't even worn yet. Just slop in the stock parts.

Definitely a good investment!!!
John where did you buy your cognito braces? I'm having a hard time finding them for a resonable price.

·
Popcorn Sutton's BFF
1,083 Posts
most places are going to be about the same as cognito's website

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,898 Posts
Yep, I got mine through Cognito directly when I got my 7-9" kit back in 05'.

Either there, or you could try Norcal trucks. Are you a member over on the Dieselplace.com??? Lots of info over there as well on this.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts

Either there, or you could try Norcal trucks. Are you a member over on the Dieselplace.com??? Lots of info over there as well on this.
dp.com doesnt seem to give me too much help when asking questions

Id go to duramaxforums.com

·
Max
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

dp.com doesnt seem to give me too much help when asking questions

Id go to duramaxforums.com
Thanks guys!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts