GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i'm stuck. how do i get these spring retainer things (not sure what the name for them is) off. they're made of metal and hold a piece of hard rubber on the spring.

edit: forgot to add that the spring pack is off the truck. this is the only picture i have of the retainers.

·
Registered
832 Posts
slimm44 said:

hmmmm.....Cognito selling shackle flips?

If so then the ORD isnt the only option, plus dont have to modify the frame.

I went back and looked at the pics adam posted of his truck and you only have a close up pic of the front drop hanger, but from the side i can see what appears to be your shackle flipped, any chance you can snap a pic of what they did on the rear of the spring?

Sorry to hijack your thread.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Why do you need them off?? The AAL is supposed to go between the overload spring and the next spring up...and should get close to the clamp, but not close enough to need to remove it. The 2 (techinally 3) sets of AALs ive done has never involved removing the clamp. Maybe you have the AAL turned around backwards or something??

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Eisenfaust said:

hmmmm.....Cognito selling shackle flips?

If so then the ORD isnt the only option, plus dont have to modify the frame.
Something i thought about last night and didn't post was the fact that its OBS, which does make a difference. The shackle hanger doesn't have a crossmember that goes outside the frame right behind it...which means there is still no "bolt on" flip for NBS trucks.

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, i decided to grind those suckers off since there was no way i could fit the new leaf in there with them on. almost done now since i've had other things to do in the middle of this install, not to mention painting undercarriage stuff and having to wait for it to dry.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
slimm44 said:
ok, i'm stuck. how do i get these spring retainer things (not sure what the name for them is) off. they're made of metal and hold a piece of hard rubber on the spring.

edit: forgot to add that the spring pack is off the truck. this is the only picture i have of the retainers.
Mine are cut off, we had to to remove one spring. I kept the pieces, technically I guess I could have them welded back together .. anyways all that stock stuff will be gone soon anyways.

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got em done finally and it raised the back end 2" at the fender. they ride pretty nice too, just a little stiffer than before. no more cali style!!! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts