GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i may be getting a new truck here soon.! :big_banana_Dance:Im getting rid of mine because i hate not having any power at all. I cant spend 2 grand on gears for my truck. So my question is the truck im looking at has a 5.3 and 6 speed trannsmission with 3.42 gears. If i were to run the 3" rough country kit and 33"s would the 3.42 gears screw me over and put me in the same boat im in now or would it not be a noticable difference? and if any of yall have any pics of crew cab trucks with the 3" rc kit that would be awesome! Ive searched but all i come up with is questions about it not pics! Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
need somethin with better gas mileage and cheaper monthly payment and parent keep naggin me bout lowering it so....

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
dont you have a 5.3?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no 4.8

·
SierraDime
537 Posts
the six speed and the 3.42 gearing will be the same as the 4 speed with 3.73 gears

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
3.42's and 33's would suck balls imo. I drove 3.73's and 35's for a while and it was aweful. Truck shifts in and out of overdrive all the damn time. Acceleration was awful. Thankfully they blue up and i just got 4.88's in and man what a difference. Regearing is an important step dude. I wouldnt like that setup at all with those gears.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts