GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
RiverKing!!!
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so need some advise here...

I have an 09 Silverado that I bought in 2011, since the day I bought the truck I have transmission problems. It has been in and out of the dealer probably 6-7 times coming to a head in Feb 2013 when they overhauled the trans. I didn't have my truck for a full month, no problem got the truck back seems good, fast forwad to 11/18/14 6:30 am on my way to work when boom! tranny blew pressure popped a hose and destroyed gears 2 thru 3. My warranty ended on 10/30/14 100,052 miles. Date it blew 11/18/14 100,834 miles. I call the dealer he says get it up might be able to help. So I get a call this am and they are willing to cover 60%. I would be fine with that if it didn't have a history of trans problems. So I call corporate and explain the situation and tell them I am not trying to get you guys to cover 100%, but more then 60% since it has had a history of problems and less then a month out of warranty. You would think you know let's do the right thing, but nope they call and tell sorry we will not assist. The guys at the dealer understand my frustration and have been very cool, I have been nice and calm and very respectful pleading my case. I finally called back GM and filed a complaint as an unsatisfied GM owner. I've owned nothing but GM cars and now I am at a loss. Does anyone have any advise? please help it's the holidays and I am going thru a divorce money is tight and the right thing to do is offer to pay 85% am I asking for too much?

·
Registered
230 Posts
If you had parts replaced under the normal gm warranty, then the new parts should be covered under the same 36,000 or 3 year warranty from the reading on your odometer.. Not 100% but that's what I have heard...

·
2002 ECSB 4x4
104 Posts
I agree that it sounds like a lemon and should be traded in. I believe being that close to warranty, they should still cover more than 60% imo.

·
RiverKing!!!
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been very nice to everyone involved. I don't want to trade my truck in especially with the prices of new trucks yikes! I was told the lemon law did not apply to me since I bought a used truck.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
60% of how much? Might be best to take that deal and get rid of it

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I've been very nice to everyone involved. I don't want to trade my truck in especially with the prices of new trucks yikes! I was told the lemon law did not apply to me since I bought a used truck.
Did you even read the link I posted?

I bought my car used, can I still make a lemon law claim?
If you purchased a used vehicle that is still covered under the original manufacturer’s warranty, or you had it repaired under the original manufacturer’s warranty and it is now out of warranty, you may still be entitled to relief under the lemon law. If you purchased a “Certified Pre-Owned” vehicle, the manufacturer will often extend the warranty, so depending on the mileage, you may still have a viable lemon law claim.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
If you had parts replaced under the normal gm warranty, then the new parts should be covered under the same 36,000 or 3 year warranty from the reading on your odometer.. Not 100% but that's what I have heard...
^This. the transmission itself should be under some kind of warranty 3/36 or otherwise. However I've seen this work with Reman/New transmissions installed. I'm not sure about the rebuild itself if the shop did in fact rebuild it with new internals.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
idk about GM, but Toyota did a warranty repair on my wifes camry. The car was within 500 miles of warranty and I asked if the repair had any warranty itself....they said it had a year. They weren't lying too, I checked the repair paperwork and it says there as well. Might be worth checking that?

·
RiverKing!!!
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
idk about GM, but Toyota did a warranty repair on my wifes camry. The car was within 500 miles of warranty and I asked if the repair had any warranty itself....they said it had a year. They weren't lying too, I checked the repair paperwork and it says there as well. Might be worth checking that?
They use to be able to help but now its up to GM and they told me get lost

·
Lifted 2wd
389 Posts
If you're dealing with Chevy of Valencia on Creekside, I'm surprised they were willing to do 60%. Bunch of idiots at that place

·
Registered
729 Posts
you said tranny blew, popped a hose.
what failed exactly, do you know?
because the only 'hose' is possibly on the return from the radiator transmission oil cooler going back to the transmission and it's low pressure. that's if it's not all hard pipe from the trans to the radiator. there are no internal 'hoses' on the 4l60 or 4l80.
transmissions just don't destroy gears, not with transmission computers, DTC's, and limp mode.

·
professional grade
4,150 Posts
My gf has a 2012 escape and the ac control module went out. It has a 3 year or 36000 warranty. Car was barely 2 years old and had 38000, not a super expensive piece to replace but the service writer at my local ford dealer told me tough shit.lol. Outta warranty means outta warranty to these people regardless of the situation. I asked for a $100 module to be replaced, got a No, then I said how about just waive the diagnosis fee, I got a No.lol. I mean you don't ask, you don't get. Be persistent, it's not gonna hurt.

·
RiverKing!!!
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GM is unreal.. They refused to assist. I will not file a claim with consumer affairs and rip them on every site I can find.

·
RiverKing!!!
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you said tranny blew, popped a hose.
what failed exactly, do you know?
because the only 'hose' is possibly on the return from the radiator transmission oil cooler going back to the transmission and it's low pressure. that's if it's not all hard pipe from the trans to the radiator. there are no internal 'hoses' on the 4l60 or 4l80.
transmissions just don't destroy gears, not with transmission computers, DTC's, and limp mode.
There is an aftermarket trans cooler added on the truck. There is no gears per the dealer from 3-4th and it needed another full overhaul.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts