GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a supercharger and need advise on whos or what tune to use for my PCM. I have already talked to nelson tunnnig and it seems great, but would like to here other peoples opinion before i decide.

I have heard of Westers, Nelsons, LS1 edit, and PCM for less? --cons --Pros?

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Id go with Nelson. So many people on the board have them, and everyone that does loves them. Allen Nelson can make them just the way you want/need. Plus hes a prefered vendor.

·
I rule!
423 Posts
You could check out Texas Speed and Performance. They offer tunes for trucks and since you are a lot closer to Lubbock than san antonio you can get a dyno tune...I would not really want a mail order with a supercharger since I would think it would be harder to get rightand probably not gain as much.

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
I love my nelson tune. But I agree with Jeremy, A dyno tune would be better in your case.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
blk03 said:
You could check out Texas Speed and Performance. They offer tunes for trucks and since you are a lot closer to Lubbock than san antonio you can get a dyno tune...I would not really want a mail order with a supercharger since I would think it would be harder to get rightand probably not gain as much.

:word:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Go with a Nelson tune!!!!! Take a little bit longer drive and get it on Allen's dyno. He will get your truck dialed in and you will be happy you took a little bit longer trip.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
allen now has a dyno! i wont let anyone else touch my truck.

·
I rule!
423 Posts
If you choose to drive that far, you might as well come to Houston and go to MTI.

·
I rule!
423 Posts
go to motorsporttech on the web

I don't think they have anything on their site about the trucks products yet but you can give them a call. They are one of the respected and well-known LS1 shops in Houston.

·
Registered
378 Posts
dont go to mti!!!!!!! they are only getting 12hp and 9 torque. they havent tuned very many trucks and are still learning. allen has tuned and installed many a superchargers. he is the best bet for a supercharged truck.

·
In Denial
280 Posts
00Z71 said:
Price will vary according to what year your truck is,
check it out at www.nelsonperformance.com
I didn't mean how much they cost...02Denali said that the MTI tunes are "only" getting 12hp, I was wondering how much of an increase the Nelson customers were seeing.

I've seen some people on 'tech that were quite happy with their MTI tunes, and could only find two posts over there where the numbers looked a little low.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i saw allens tune proven on the dyno. i saw about 20-25 proven. i myself gained quite a bit more than 12 HP, i wish i had been on the dyno. when allen tunes my 04, i guess we will see exactly what the nelson tune is worth

·
I rule!
423 Posts
02denali said:
dont go to mti!!!!!!! they are only getting 12hp and 9 torque.

The guy I know that went there got more than that. Just throwing the guy some options.

An aside: I am not getting a tune from any of the mentioned tuners on this thread so I have no loyalties unlike some who hug the nuts of certain tuners.

·
Registered
378 Posts
shit dude i cant even drive my truck. the tranny is out. exhaust is off. wiring is out partially. nx solenoids are at nx getting rebuilt. wiring in a shift light. brakes are apart getting redone and painted. laef springs should be available this week. man. i am doing a lot of work. but i think in the end it is going to be sweet. also the alt and starter are getting rebuilt.and the tranny is being gathered up and ready to be built.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts