GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Formerly Bagged Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, i've owned an oldskool blazer that was bagged, and in order for it to lay out just like any s10 you need to either notch out your frame or lower control arm to lay. unless you get some tubular control arms. anyways so i was talking to a couple of my friends and i was telling them that my 01 silverado would lay out with just the ART Coolride.

First off i had to spend almost and hour arguing with them that it would lay. they were convinced there's no way in hell it would work without havin to cut or notch somethin (they're mini-truckers). so once i finallly got them to understand by showin them pix of guys from on here they were likle whatever.

so next they were like "oh man your may be able to do it but you're gonna have massive amounts of neg. camber and are gonna eat up some tires" (this coming from a guy with an bagged 95 ranger witch are notorious for negative camber who also happens to go through tires like underwear) anyways so i told em it wouldnt be THAT massive and it'd only be when i was laid out and i could get it aligned at ride height and so it wouldnt kill tires. but to my questions if i bag my truck using stock arms and spindles is the only way i could drive my truck with no negative camber if i drive around at stock height and with no drop at all? and just to reassure me if i'm right, it is possible to lay out with just the coolride up front and stock components, correct?

Thanks In Advance

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
it is possible to lay completely with stock components and still be completely aligned at a normal ride height. dont listen to the damn mini-truckers.

·
Formerly Bagged Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i could have a ride heigh of like a 4 or 5 inch drop in the front and have it aligned with no neg camber?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
You should be able to have about a 4" drop front ride heigth and still have a decent alignment to drive on. Anything more and i'd look into DJM or ART upper control arms to fix your alignment. I currently drive around wiht about a 4/8 or 4/9 drop and its definately low :imo

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
my truck is alligned at about a 5-6 inch drop in the front. I'm using the stock suspension components, so i've got some pretty wicked negative camber, and i don't eat tires up like crazy. i've put about 8k miles on my new tires, and they are wearing even.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.