GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fat, bald guy.
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 2500HD reg cab, I want to put a 12" solobaric behind the passenger seat, ive been out of the SUB loop for a few years and have no idea what do so the sub will sound good..Any ideas would be great, pics would even be better! lol

thanks
john

·
Fat, bald guy.
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 40/20/40 seats, but it doesnt fold down, im wanting to build a center console and put the 12" in it, but im not sure how much air space it takes for a 12....

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
I always wondered, if you are gonna have one sub in a regular cab, why not put it behind the passenger seat? That way, they lose the leg room and not you :lol: ... I know, you won't feel it as much :pow:

·
Registered
633 Posts
oh my reg cab ford, im takin out my console and building a box that houses the subs in the middle, firing up, and im going to build a plexiglass window so you can see the subs! i dont know if you wanna mess with your console, but thats what id do... :rocking:

edit badasssilverado how many cubes is that box? ive been told and ive looked the l7/l5's can only be a little over half a cubic foot?

·
Fat, bald guy.
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much would a box that size cost? That would work perfect on my passenger side, im 6'4 400lbs so i need all of the legroom i can get, thats why i sold my S10.. :D

Badassilverado said:
Nah, I actually had a shop do my entire setup and for some damned reason they put it behind the driver seat. I mentioned to them only a FEW times to put it behind the passenger seat so I wouldn't lose any leg room (I'm 6'2" and yes, the legroom now pisses me off...) but the guy who built the box didn't listen. :pow:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
What would stop someone fromt buying a single 12" sub box made a for a round sub and cutting it to fit the square sub? Seems like a premade box like that would be cheap.

Looks like Crutchfield http://www.crutchfield.com has a 12" truck box with .88 cubic feet for $79 and one with 1.25 cubic feet for $95, again they have round holes but seems you could just cut the hole out for a square.

·
Registered
505 Posts
if you are really crunched for space and sound u can always go the fiberglass route. that way u can custom mold the box to give u the most leg room, and u can mold it into all the lil werid shapes behind the seat or in the center console, getting the most air space u can while taking up as lil room as posible. + fiberglass sounds better then mdf if u build the box right

1 - 7 of 7 Posts