GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a pair of DJM C-notches with a 6" DJM Flip kit.

I need to know the Exact Specs on the Bolts and hardware for mounting the C-notches.

What Grade bolts
How Big are they(what size)
How many of them do I need to get
What Length are they
How many washers, nutts, etc.(Lock nutts??)

If someone has a kit or something laying around to look and check for me, that would be great.

thanks alot,
Chris

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably more expensive and not very Convinient considering you can get the same ones at Any hardware store.

Anyone else?

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
i think there is 8 holes on each side, so 16 Bolts/Nuts/washers, i used a half inch drill bit to make my holes, dont remember what size the bolt is...

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Chris99GMC said:
Probably more expensive and not very Convinient considering you can get the same ones at Any hardware store.

Anyone else?
Why don't you go to a place that sells fastners and ask, I'm not talking like Lowes or anything, a real place that only handles fastners, tell them what you want to do and they should be able to hook you up .... the Grade of the bolt will be very important, like Grade 8 since it will be a critical suspension piece. :head:

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Grade 8 bolts. Size is 1/2" I believe. 1.25" or 1.5" length should be cool. Make sure a washer goes on the notch and the inside of the frame for each one. Use nyloc nuts.

If you wanna know the exact stuff than call DJM and ask....otherwise grade 8 1/2" is what fits I believe. Take a notch to the hardware store and check 1/2" is the size.

Cameron

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Physh1 said:
Grade 8 bolts. Size is 1/2" I believe. 1.25" or 1.5" length should be cool. Make sure a washer goes on the notch and the inside of the frame for each one. Use nyloc nuts.

If you wanna know the exact stuff than call DJM and ask....otherwise grade 8 1/2" is what fits I believe. Take a notch to the hardware store and check 1/2" is the size.

Cameron

that sounds about right, I'll start with that and go check it out..

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Chris99GMC said:
that sounds about right, I'll start with that and go check it out..
Yeah that's it if I remember right. I bought a DJM notch from braden1498 with no hardware. But we just welded mine in. Cause you're not going to take it off anyway!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Also when drilling, you may want to use a step bit, makes life MUCH easier

1 - 12 of 12 Posts