GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me an a friend are both looking for a good set of street legal headers with all the O2 sensors. Does any one know were we can find a good deal on some? By the way the headers are for a 2004 silverado 5.3.

·
Registered
658 Posts
hey silver bullet...get the headers from blown chevy....i have the edelbrock headers on my truck....and they rock...hopefully he'll hook you up...but get them they are good...

·
OG
6,939 Posts
blownchevy said:
I have a set of chrome Edlebrock headers for that truck......Let me know if you are interested.

:bowtie:
How much are you asking for them.

·
Banned
164 Posts
Edelbrocks are shorties and while they will give you an improvement over stock and are relatively cheap, if you want the most power get a set of long tubes. In California the ASMs aren't street legal, but it has been proved that they give the best results. They are ceramic coated too to keep heat down.
The Other Guys headers (TOGs) are mid-length and I have heard they are the best quality headers out there. They don't come ceramic coated but you can have them done for around $100.
If I had to choose, I'd get the TOGs even if I didn't have to worry about being emissions legal here in California because I would imagine the additional power you get from the ASMs is minimal.
Get in on a GP for the TOGs or ASMs if you want. Be warned though, they are a bit pricey.
You get what you pay for :read:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts