GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site and am looking for anyone who may have a clue as to the Strange Sound Coming from a 2008 Chevy Silverado 4.8 The sound is like a slight metallic whirling and a slight tap as it goes around. The noise came on suddenly and is constant, even in Park. We thought it may be the starter, had it tested and it was ok, Pulled the tranny, checked the flexplate, it was fine, replaced the converter. Put it all back together and the noise is still there! It almost sounds like something swirling around a tin can. Kinda at a loss as to what to look for next!! Has anyone heard anything about a Problem like this!! The sound seems like it is coming from under the Truck. Any help or ideas appreciated!! Thanks Tried to get the video upload, but Quick time wont let me at this time!! Belts taken off noise still there!

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
Cat converters ok? Could be a broken element in there and making that noise

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!! My Husband checked the cat converters when they took them off!! Just found out a friend of ours brother is a GM Mechanic, He is going to get with the Kids to look at the truck!!! Husband is More Old School!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts