GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just joined, I have a 2015 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 4x4 6.2 with 8 speed trans. My service 4wd light is going( also my engine light) off and when I went to drive it I got about 20 ft and could already tell it felt like it was stuck in 4wd. I went to make a slight turn and it sounded like my transfer case was slipping and and making a clunking sound in 1 second intervals. Or a clunk a second. I hooked my scan tool up to my truck and laptop and I’m receiving NO codes from the drive train, transmission, hvac module, hvac control, telematic communications system, passenger seat pressure or something like that. And of course my transfer case had no codes being sent. If Anyone has any idea on were I could start, if it’s a module I need to replace or the whole ECU or ECM. I think I’m done taking it to shops bc the last one just mauled my drivers door up so bad. And that’s just the cherry on a very large cake of being screwed over by shops. Any advice will be help full thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
There is a service bulletin to have your tcm updated. Could be it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The great white Canadian
1,533 Posts
Is there something wrong with the HVAC? You didn't describe anything wrong and said it's showing no codes. I'm not even sure why you are asking about HVAC or a module. And which module, there are a few in these trucks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sorry you have had bad experiences with some shops, but a proper diagnosis is the place to start. If you can't find a good shop to use, find a forum member near you that can help with the diagnosis. Like sarilion asked, how are you checking for codes? That's a good question.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts