GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys help me out. I am working on my truck and I broke half of a ½ mpt nipple off inside one of the ports on my tank. Nothing is sticking out so I can’t grab onto it with anything and twist it. On top of that it has set loctite on it. What can I do? Thanks in advance.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
possibly (but doubtful) left handed drillbit...or drill it out and retap it the next size up.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
maybe a dremal and grind down to the threads and then just take the excess out its only brass...

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
try a pair of needle nose plyers. Just stick the end of the pliers in the opening, then open the pliers as hard as you can while turning. They might be able to grab the fitting enough to spin it out.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
try a pair of needle nose plyers. Just stick the end of the pliers in the opening, then open the pliers as hard as you can while turning. They might be able to grab the fitting enough to spin it out.
X2 over here..

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well an easy out wouldn't get it. I had a machinist buddy of mine drill the brass out and basically chase the loctite and brass out of the threads. Works great now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts