GMC Truck Forum banner

need help asap

2K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  TwoTone 
#1 ·
my trucks getting ther front end rebuilt right now for tommorow night when i leave for truckjam. But they can't find any control arms in their catlogue anywhere to order.
any idea where I could order some from asap? I told them try napa or something but they said the ones I got in there right now are 1 tonned

#4 ·
summit usualy has everything A-Z and can ship asap if they have it in stock

rockymountainsusp.com has a bunch of suspension stuff and replacement stock parts and are great to deal with

if not try wal mart great prices everyday:crazy:

#8 ·
hey kev screw truckjam and bring that beast to the east coast i'm in need of a drinking buddy for the nex t few weeks sence i'm not working and the canoe runs soon too , and my trucks all a part again i finally found a d60 to use i had to go to halifax to pick it upbut for 800 and it got 456 gears it was worth it

#9 ·
I just have to take a taxi across town to pick up the parts then taxi them over to the shop. Talk about mouseballs
This is why you should always own more than one vehicle. I have 3 actually. Always need a backup.

#11 ·
hey kev screw truckjam and bring that beast to the east coast i'm in need of a drinking buddy for the nex t few weeks sence i'm not working and the canoe runs soon too , and my trucks all a part again i finally found a d60 to use i had to go to halifax to pick it upbut for 800 and it got 456 gears it was worth it

haha I dont know if my truck will make it to cali yet alone across canada and back. Rebuild my allison for me and sure lol

#12 ·
How can your sht be worn out already?

#13 ·
So you need stabilizer links? You can get that junk at Autozone type places for $10. Why do you need UCA's anyway?

#17 ·
Do you even have an RCD lift? I didn't know RCD offered UCA's and even at that a stabilizer link/UCA package?????

#18 ·
i know!!! Thats why its confusing as hell. I wish I had a ride down to the shop so I could see wtf is actually needing to be replaced. Thgem telling me over the phone really doesnt help me at all.

The way he explained it to me was the stabilizer link, 13 inch rod that has bushings and holes thru it will join mmy stab. bar to my control arm. I know that sounds like jibrish but thats what he told me over the phone. I asked for a bvetter description and he told me its a specific part that says RCD on it. It helps control the steering so there isnt as much sway. I asked about a steering stabilizer and I guess I was wrong.

#19 ·
Probably your centerlink support to stop front to back movement.

#20 ·
Is the name of this shop "Walmart Tire and Lube?" Seriously bro what the fuck.... they want to replace your allison, all of your front end, etc etc etc... go get your truck and pay them pills of arsenick(sp)

#23 ·
this is when you need to bust out the 44 mag with a 16in barrel point it in their face and say fix it and dont make me pay

and in the end everyone wins

note--i do not take responsibility for anyone harmed at gunpoint:read:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.