GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for a box that will fit in my girlfriends 2002 benz C240 4Dr. im trying to get the 12s that she had in her last car, and she will trade me for my 2 10"s. i am not finding any kind of sub enclosures that go IN the car. the benz has too good of insulation to put the subs in the trunk. that and the trunk is quite small already... any suggestions appreciated!

·
Registered
820 Posts
I agree I would build a box. You could build a thin/tall box that would go all the way in the back of the trunk by the back seat and the subs could fire up through the rear deck, or you could build a ported enclosure with just the ports coming through the rear deck. good luck

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yall have any pics? im not too technical when it comes to trunks and rear decks, ive never owned a car.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
If you weren't using some existing subs but buy new ones, Id say get free air and mount them to the bottom of the rear deck, and they would use the whole trunk as an enclosure .. you have to have subs that are able to be used in free air applications.

Question, if she has a benz and an SUV, as seen in pictures ... why not just have her go to a stero shop and have them put something in!! It's obvious money shouldn't be that big of an obstacle.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Free Air would work well, you just have to find out how much bass you want,, Does the rear seat fold down to go through to the trunk?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i'd mount the subs in the trunk... you'd be suprised how little the sound proofing does. Cutting the rear deck is a bad idea, one because it will rattle like hell, and two you would have one hell of a time trying to sell the car later. My friend did that to his S430, and it sounded alot better with the rear deck intact. And if you think about it, unless you cut the entire rear deck out, not that much sound is going to go through the holes. Bass is omnidirectional, only a lil bit of the sound waves would travel through the hole. The rest would hit everything else and bounce back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts