GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I'm finally going to lift my z71 later this month. I have a 2002 chevy silverado 1500 z71 ecsb. I already have a rough country full leveling kit and 285/75r/16 bfg at's.

My plans for later this month are:

6" Rough Country NTD lift-(still not sure what accessories to get with it but pretty set on HD tie rod sleeves, and kicker braces, and maybe a steering stabilizer)

Also a zone add a leaf

Then for wheels I'm going to order a set of 20x10 black Fuel Hostages with a -24 offset.

For tires I'm going with a 35x12.50x20 Toyo MT.
I already received quotes for the wheels from Mr. Wheel Deal but I'm going to shop around a little before I put in my order.

I'm going to be running the stock 3:73 gears until the spring when I can put 4:56 in. Transmission is new and is still under warranty for 2 more years. Rear axle is new as well.

Also after probably going to throw 5% tint on the rear window and the extended cab windows. Then 70% on the whole windshield and a 7-8" brow in 5%. And just keep the front 2 windows at 15%.

I mainly need input on what accessories to order with the rough country lift. I go off road with my truck pretty regularly and the trails are pretty mild. Definitely not going to be a street queen so I need it to be pretty sturdy.

Here's the Z.
5-12-13Z71_zps8d6a8d40.png

0720A4AE-2F48-4A9A-BD0D-6C3449094165_zpsaxcixjdn.jpg

CAM00266_zpsd4ebe3f2.jpg

CAM00257_zpsa8347e82.jpg

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Braces are the big one there. The tie rod sleeves arnt needed but for the price they are I'd want them for added security out on a trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just put the zone 6 inch on my 02 with 35s. My 3.73s are doing fine so far but hopefully regearing next year. Nice truck btw

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Braces are the big one there. The tie rod sleeves arnt needed but for the price they are I'd want them for added security out on a trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then that's settled for those two. now I just need to figure out if the steering stabilizer is needed.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just put the zone 6 inch on my 02 with 35s. My 3.73s are doing fine so far but hopefully regearing next year. Nice truck btw

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice truck, I would go with one of those kits. But I like how rough country has the non torsion drop (even though the ride may be a bit rougher). And you can't beat the price and how easy it is to install. Did you need wheel spacers on the rear at all? And do you have a steering stabilizer. If not is the steering any different from stock?

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,708 Posts
There should not be a "need" for spacers in the rear. Spacers in the rear is just so it has the same track width.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice truck, I would go with one of those kits. But I like how rough country has the non torsion drop (even though the ride may be a bit rougher). And you can't beat the price and how easy it is to install. Did you need wheel spacers on the rear at all? And do you have a steering stabilizer. If not is the steering any different from stock?
I didn't notice a different in steering. I didn't need them, but I went ahead and put 2 inch spacers in the rear to make front and back match up and I'm glad I did.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was going to order everything today but Toyo Mt's in that size are currently out of stock. Im probably going to order the lift and wait until I get the tires and wheels come in to install it. Hopefully the backorder wont be too long. :mad:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the Rough Country NTD on my 2005. I have the stabilizer, kicker braces, and the tie rod sleeves. It all works well together and it's been a great kit for me.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered my 6" RCX NTD yesterday. I also ordered kicker braces and HD tie rod sleeves along with it. And I just ordered a zone add a leaf for some extra height and since I already have new keys on it. I shouldn't need to trim after this.
Now I just need a place to order my tires and wheels. I planned on ordering from Mr Wheel Deal. But they say they won't have the toyo mt's back in for another couple of months.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
screw the ntd, do a coilover conversion :)

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
this is what I'm doing.... for my 2000 ecsb, with a 6" RCX NTD. :favorites37:
reason why i suggested it.. are you putting the lift on before or after winter? I was going to buy wheels and tires, but the deal fell through with joe on here, so i was thinking of attempting some coilovers.. wanna hear how it rides with a lifted ride

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
reason why i suggested it.. are you putting the lift on before or after winter? I was going to buy wheels and tires, but the deal fell through with joe on here, so i was thinking of attempting some coilovers.. wanna hear how it rides with a lifted ride
Before

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Found the wheels and tires from rimzone online. Should hopefully be here by next Friday. Everything should be on my truck next weekend hopefully. Also I ordered my lift from the Rough Country Dealer on this forum and it just came in today. Was really surprised at the price and the amount of time it shipped in. I highly recommend ordering from her. Still waiting on the zone add a leaf i purchased from amazon.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Found the wheels and tires from rimzone online. Should hopefully be here by next Friday. Everything should be on my truck next weekend hopefully. Also I ordered my lift from the Rough Country Dealer on this forum and it just came in today. Was really surprised at the price and the amount of time it shipped in. I highly recommend ordering from her. Still waiting on the zone add a leaf i purchased from amazon.
Good deal. Post up some pictures once you get it all done.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Waiting on tires and wheels to show up in a little bit. Changed the spark plugs for the first time in 3 years. Runs so much better and idles better. All 7 boxes of the RCX 6" NTD lift and accessories and the 1.5" Zone AAL are waiting in the truck to drop off at the shop tonight. Going to do my usually 4k-5k mile oil change with synthetic Mobil 1 oil as soon as I get it back. Should all be done before the end of Sunday. :cool:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Some pics. Ill upload one of the tires and wheels as soon as they get here.
Also got some new door handles to install when I replace a window motor and regulator.

60255A27-731F-407F-8C5A-BDF396CAEF37_zpsyrmdgj8r.jpg

ED5F2B0B-4C27-439F-9495-2DAB3C585CCD_zps23sgyong.jpg

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Drove the 2013 z71 to pick up my tires :)
They finally came in a 5 p.m. then had to rush to work.

I highly recommend buying wheels/tires from rimz one after my experience.

75B456F1-26F4-4D26-9587-92742F0DD898_zpscqhcx367.jpg

1 - 20 of 87 Posts