GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Front is all done and working on the rear just pulled one spring pack off and noticed the factory shim stuck to bottom of spring should I pull the centering pin out and put it on top of spring pack and also use shim or just leave the pin like it is and use the nut on top of the spring pack to center the flip kit? This is a 4/6kit will I still need to use the degree shim also? Thanks for any help

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts
if its a reg cab and its a newer djm flip kit, the pinion angle is adjustable so the shim isn't needed:read: im not aware if ec's come with a shim or not unless its for the carrier bearing

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Working on a 05 CC 2 wheel drive using a Mcgaughys flip kit

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Called McGaughys today they said to leave out the shims that only about 1 in every 10 need to have them. Once I get it sitting on the ground I'll take a magnetic angle finder and compare my trans output yoke angle to the pinion angle and go from there.
Just wanted to add what I found out from them incase anyone else gets stuck with the same question on a Sunday and they decide to do a search.

·
Local Drunk
1,054 Posts
Called McGaughys today they said to leave out the shims that only about 1 in every 10 need to have them. Once I get it sitting on the ground I'll take a magnetic angle finder and compare my trans output yoke angle to the pinion angle and go from there.
Just wanted to add what I found out from them incase anyone else gets stuck with the same question on a Sunday and they decide to do a search.
thanks for posting that, because i'll be doing a flip kit on my 05 CC

·
Registered
246 Posts
i have a 06 cc and at first i didnt put the shim in and if i hit a bump hard enough, the driveshaft would barely rub the crossmember just above the rear yoke. move the shim to the top and fixed that problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts