GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Silverado 2500 NON-HD. I would like to make the front end look like an 06 chevy 1500 prerunner. I want to run fiberglass fenders (prerunner style), and fabricate a prerunner bumper. So my question is this: Besides the hood, fenders (will the ones for an 06 bolt up?), grille shell, and lights, what do I need to make it work?

·
Registered
253 Posts
the plastic buckets the lights clip into the 99-02 use a vertical 2 metal retainer setup, the 03+ use a single horizontal setup. bumper brackets/trim the frame horns also i believe

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
99silverado- thank you for the info on the light buckets. since i will not be running a facotry bumper (going with fabricated prerunner tube bumper) do i need to worry about the bumper brackets/frame horn modifications? Do the frame horns affect the mounting of the grille shell or lights?

kdubaz- the plan right now is to hold onto the stock parts. if i ever decide to sell the truck, i might need to put that stuff back on. the prerunner look isn't exactly popular here in kansas.

·
Registered
253 Posts
pretty sure the grille clips into the same spot the 99-02 ones do (inside edge of fenders) and the buckets bolt on to the radiator core support

1 - 5 of 5 Posts