GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, thanks for any help here. I got this truck off some property and have started restoring it on a budget. I'd like to do most of it myself. It's a 59 chevy apache long wheel base on what I think is a k10 suburban frame. If you have a good idea of what year the frame is that would sure help me as I start sourcing parts for it. I know a lot of the stuff is good for a lot of the years but some stuff is specific to a couple years.

I'm thinking this frame is somewhere between 76 to 82.

To be honest, I'm not sure about the years or if it's a k10 suburban frame. It has warn lockers and the 4wd shifter is in the floor.

The truck has been sitting for probably 10 years and the last guy who owned it died about that long ago so he's not going to be able to help.

The power steering gear box is leaking and that part is different for every couple years.

I got the engine running but I have to give it gas to keep it from dying. It had a 2 bbl holley carb rigged up on a spread bore edelbrock manifold. I replaced it with a 4 bbl 600cfm holley carb. There was a busted stud in the manifold so I put a spacer on it to attach the carb instead of trying to retap it since I don't trust myself to do that. I've replaced the fuel filter and oil but have yet to replace the spark plugs. Could that be the reason it's dying on me? What other reasons could it be? The engine sounds pretty strong while running, no knocking and no oil leaks.

So the engine runs but I haven't driven it more than 10 feet forwards or backwards. The brakes are crusted and rusted and I need to replace the rotors and pads. It seems like it wants to move, but it's like to e brake is still engaged. There is transmission fluid and brake fluid in their respective reservoirs but I plan on changing all the fluids.

With that being said I'd like to know what year and model frame I have so I can get all of the right parts and proper fluids. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trying to get pics uploaded.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bastard trucks are tough to identify. I would question the suburban frame unless it has been cut down...should be too long. 73 to early 80ish is similar....82 to 87(truck)..87-91(burban, quad, blazer) are similar. There will be some differences but pretty homegenous from 73-87. If I recall there are 2 types of power steering lines and not interchangeable. I have a few frames out back in different years...u know parts...lol. Text me a pic or two and Ill compare...215-872-4488....just tell me who you are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts