GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchased a double din radio from a member on here, DDX470 and he has the same exact truck as i do (03-06) chevy / gmc, he sent me all the wiring for his truck which is non bose, i on the other hand have bose.

is the only solution to buy the $100 GMOS-4? or is there something else?

i am not going to have a amp or subs i just want my factory bose system with the new double din radio

thanks for any and all help

·
Registered
130 Posts
Save yourself some grief and buy the PAC Audio RP5-GM11. It's a true plug and play, and you keep all the factory chimes, steering wheel controls, etc.. including RSE if you have it and if you ever decide to ditch the bose, it's a breeze. You can pick up one on e-bizzle for less than $100

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i ended up getting a GMOS-4 and the ASWC-1 steering wheel control module, everything works perfect

Except

i was having trouble finding a ignition wire and i used a fuse taper and the connection was really loose so as i was tying things up it came undone, then i noticed the radio was going on and off with the key without being hooked up to an ignition wire

i soldered all the ignition wires together and ran a single wire down to hook up under the dash and without it hooked up it is working fine

any ideas? should i still hook that ignition wire up somewhere?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im also having issues getting my iphone 5s to connect via bluetooth

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you trace the ignition wires under the column, which are bigger than the rest, you will a 12V constant, and 12V Ign on. They come from the Ign switch and plug in under the column. I think it's a pink, yellow and white. see link below...

might help...

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?TID=49157

To pair a Kenwood DNX / DDX and your iphone you will need a code entered in onetime to get the HU to recognize the phone. Google the Bluetooth codes needed for that HU and you should be golden. First time pairing is a biatch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts