GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine wants to lower his 2004 silverado ext cab. hes gone from shop to shop asking and they told him they dont make kits for his truck cuz its a 2004, its too new. heres what im thinking, all thats changed from the 99-03 model to the 2004 model is the front end right? and all the frame, suspension, motor, etc is ALL THE SAME as the 99-03 style correct? so, all the belltech and djm kits should work on his truck right? am i right or what? if so, what kit should i reccommend to him? thanks.

·
Registered
785 Posts
the front suspension is the same on the 04, I have an 03 and it and had a lowering kit for 99-02 Silverado on my truck

·
Registered
342 Posts
mista808 said:
a friend of mine wants to lower his 2004 silverado ext cab. hes gone from shop to shop asking and they told him they dont make kits for his truck cuz its a 2004, its too new. heres what im thinking, all thats changed from the 99-03 model to the 2004 model is the front end right? and all the frame, suspension, motor, etc is ALL THE SAME as the 99-03 style correct? so, all the belltech and djm kits should work on his truck right? am i right or what? if so, what kit should i reccommend to him? thanks.
Tell him to air it out. Doesn't matter what year you have, pretty universal with that respect. I wish i coulda had my truck laid out right when i got it. I would def be impressed if i saw someone drivin around an 04 on the groung :jawdrop:

·
Registered
342 Posts
chevyman992002 said:
yup, i hope I have enough money to buy a brand new truck, and drop it at the shop on the way home from the dealer.
Thats what i'm talkin about. Not such the case though. I've got more money invested into my truck than i have paid off, and thats just in parts, i've done all the labor myself.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
chevyman992002 said:
yup, i hope I have enough money to buy a brand new truck, and drop it at the shop on the way home from the dealer.
i actually think galpin and some other big ferd dealerships are doing that now. Alwhile back in truckin, they had a truck that was completely bought. It was bagged and body dropped on 20s with some weird ass paint from the dealership.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
chevyman992002 said:
now those would be some nice options to be able to get from the dealer.
True, but then everybody would have one :wtf2:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i have dropped an 04 ECSB using the 99-02 kit, NOTHING is different in the frame or suspension. just the front fenders and hood and some interior pieces and the BCM are different.

there is a dealer here that is doing "custom" stuff. they are at all the shows pushing theyre custom trucks. they do custom paint, drops, flames, wheels etc. nothing like bags though... they prolly wont either. just cause that kinda stuff messes with the warranty too much, and if a dealer does it, they will have to honor the warranty no matter what.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts