GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
under construction
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 2000 gmc sierra 2wd and i want to lower it 4/6 drop kit.what brand should i go with,i need quality and keeps the geometry the same for the front basically like the drop spindle,I read some where that the mcgaughy's spindles are better then the belltech,keeps the geometry the same.And some good quality drop shocks that ride very good and handle good and for a good price.thanks for your help.Now i am trying to learn :hmm:the full size trucks,since i have learned a lot on the s-series trucks.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have a DJM kit on mine. I have heard people say they like the DJM control arms, but prefer MCG rear kit.

I like how mine rides, seems fine to me!

·
Registered
506 Posts
McG 16" spindles, coils and rear flipk kit with Monroe shocks! The belltech rear notch is nicer than the McG notch though!

·
#NBHNC
2,828 Posts
running Belltech spindles and coils up front with about a 1/4 coil cut off the springs and a DJM flip in the back. Put about 5k miles on it and its good so far.

Prolly gunna build my own notch here soon though just because I dont really trust that lil plate that comes with the DJM kit.
I also have shackles in the back so my full drop would be a 5/8. but figured I'd still chime in.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Running a DJM 4/6 on mine with control arms up front and a flip kit out back

Coils are said to give a stiffer ride. Depends on who you ask if they consider them to be rough or not, only you can decide that. Spindles will either require larger wheels, or increased turning radius. However, DezertStatic (I think) had a how to on grinding the 16" spindles down so you gain your turning radius back. Control arms will increase bumpsteer, which may or may not be a noticable problem depending on the truck, roads, driver, etc. Some also say that they can not align there truck with them (4"), but they sell upper arms to help get your truck in alignment. With that said, personally my alignment is within in spec.

For the rear, most common is going to be a flip kit. It is easy, keeps towing capacity, and gets the job done. You could also do a 4" leaf and a shackle to get the drop. With drop leafs the ride will increase in stiffness (same as the front will with springs) and loose some of your towing capacity

As for notches, people say belltech is best, then mcgaughys, then djm and the others. Belltech and mcgaughys both wrap the frame where djm and the others are just plates. IMO, with the thickness of the DJM plate I don't see it being weak by any means though.

Popular shocks include monroes, doetsch tech (summit drop shocks), and belltech street performance. I am running qa1 adjustables (more money) and some are running king or fox shocks (even more money).

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
i ran djm 4in a-arms, cut springs for 6ish inches of drop in the front
the rear was a djm flip with 2in drop shackles for 8in of drop.

i ran monroe shocks for a chevelle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts