GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you charge it, do you just connect the positive, and the negative to the charging machine, or what, please help

·
No one lays pipe like me
307 Posts
First hook the ground up, then put a test light or volt meter between the positive supply and the capacitor. When the light is on completely or the volt meter is at 12.?? volts, hook the positive to the cap.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
actually its when the light goes completely out and dont use a volt meter, use a light bulb

·
9,823 Posts
Just disconnect the power at the battery and hook up ground and the power cable to the cap. After everything is done put a light bulb between the power cable and the + of the battery post with either the outside of the light on the cable and the end terminal on the battery post or vice verso, it doesnt matter. Once the light goes out then the cap is charged. I actually usually use a dual filament bulb like a 1157 so I can use the higher wattage side until the bulbs too hot then go to the lower side.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wella friend of mine gave it to me it is brand new it is one of those kits you buy at walmart, that comes the capacitater, ground, positive and rca cables, it comes with like a little diod or something that looks like a diod only bigger,

·
9,823 Posts
its a resistor and its hard to tell when the cap is charged unless you have a volt meter. Also, a cap from Walmart isnt worth hooking up! Weigh one from there vs one from a real shop. Its like the difference between an empty coke can and a full one

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok bro then that is why my friend gave it to me, lol, well i will jest sell it to another friend, but i still need to charge it first, i disconnect the + and - from my truck battery then i hook the cables to the caps, i have an 1157bulb at home, then what do i do

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
I wouldn't bother with a capacitor at all. After being in college and going through theory classes, they don't do anything but provide enough power for a second or two burp, after that they are another resistive load. Don't waste any more money on any capacitors, they're really only for bling and spl burbs.

·
9,823 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts