GMC Truck Forum banner

Need help on tire size

Question 
2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  DoMDrty 
#1 ·
What's going on everyone new to full size scene always been a mini trucker haha. So got a 05 GMC Sierra crew cab truck been looking at a 3/5 djm kit for it with some 22" rep GMC wheels for it. Need a good tire size for the wheels. From what I've seen 265/35r22 is popular for the 4/6 drop but what about a 3/5? Any input would sure be appreciated!! Don't want the truck to look weird with to small or to big of a tire on it with that drop kit

#4 ·
I have a 2002 regular cab. I also have a set of forte 22" wheels with nitto 420 285/40r22s. I want to go with a 4/6 as well. I am concerned it wont work on the older body style. It always looked like IMO the 07 and up newer body had more fender room. I've been searching forums for an hour with no luck exactly. Does anybody know if I could safely run a 4/6 drop on a 2002 longbed regular cab with 285/40/22 tires. I love that tire size and do not want to go any smaller. Thank you guys for your time and help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.