GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'm going to be getting a baby lift here pretty soon (3" RCX premium). Anyway, I need help on choosing a tire. I'm looking at 275/60-20 or maybe something a tad wider. I'll be using stock 20's until I get enough money to buy some new wheels.I am on a budget and can't spend too much on tires.
Here are the my choices so far:
-Toyo Open Country A/T (181.00 per tire)
-Nitto Terra Grappler (222.00)
-Cooper Zeon LTZ (143.00 per tire)

Any experience with any of these? Opinions or other options?
Thanks! :shake:

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
ive seen a couple local trucks with the coopers and they look better than the other two options you listed IMO

·
Registered
31 Posts
well if they are going to be temporary then id recommend the coopers since they are the cheapest. dont go out and spend a lot of money on something you wont have for more than a year. been there and made that bad decision

·
I'd rather be hunting.
492 Posts
The Coopers look good. I have heard good things about them. I think 07SilveradoNoob had/has them in a 20". You may want to hit him up, because I know he is putting a new set of tires on soon.

·
Built Not Bought
532 Posts
well if they are going to be temporary then id recommend the coopers since they are the cheapest. dont go out and spend a lot of money on something you wont have for more than a year. been there and made that bad decision
Also made that bad choice I just bought $700 worth of tires in April and decided I was going to lift my truck here it is July and I just spent another $1200 in tires

·
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Coopers look good. I have heard good things about them. I think 07SilveradoNoob had/has them in a 20". You may want to hit him up, because I know he is putting a new set of tires on soon.
Yeah, I've talked to him, but shipping is $200 so I can get a brand new set for the same price. He said he likes them and I've heard good things about them. I mainly wasn't sure about the other 2 options.

Also made that bad choice I just bought $700 worth of tires in April and decided I was going to lift my truck here it is July and I just spent another $1200 in tires
ouch

·
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The tires are staying on but I'll change out my stockers for another set of wheels in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts