GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 91 chevy extended cab..the truck is equipped with a phantom duallie set-up as of now. i am getting rid of that set-up and going to a standard bed, 20's and full air ride set-up..

my question, when i went to test fit the the wheels tonite, i noticed that i have a 5x4.75 bolt pattern as opposed to the 5x5 i was told by many i had..

so now my dilema, i have these 5x5 20" wheels now that i am pretty much stuck with..i had 4 different tire shops tell me the bolt pattern was 5x5 for that year truck, so i am assuming it was changed out when they swapped rear ends...i guess i should have checked it before getting the wheels...

now i need new brakes, so my question is, can i just swap front rotors and rear axles to change to the 5x5 lug pattern,or does it go deeper than that??

i am new to the truck world, so any help would be greatly appreciated..also if anyone has the info on what type of vehicle i would need to order the 5x5 patterned stuff would be great also..

thank you in advance...

eddie

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
:think: The front of your truck isn't 5x5? Is just the rear 5x4.5? Either way, a truck 10 bolt 5x5 is not hard to come by...you should be able to find one at a yard for around 200. That truck is supposed to be a 5x5 so I'm not sure what's up.

Cameron

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, it is 5x4.75 all around...i know it is suppose to be 5x5 now, should have been like that to start with, but some jackhole decide to swap it out before i had it, so i have no idea why...

so the rear i can swap axles..correct?? and i am assuming i can just swap rotors up front..hopefully...

so when i order parts, you think i will be safe just ordering them for a 91 chevy truck...theoretically i should get 5x5 stuff correct??

i hate this truck :flame:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts