GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 sierra 2500hd slt that came with stock fog lights which worked fine. As soon as I bought the truck I had installed HIDs in the fog lights and I had them in for over a year with no issues. Recently they had stopped working due to a blown fog light relay. Once I replaced the relay the HIDs would not turn on so I plugged a stock bulb back in to make sure all the wiring was working correctly and it was. I can run a stock bulb with no issues but once I plug in the ballast and bulb to the HID nothing happens. So today I went and bought a new HID kit and still the HIDs don't work but the stock bulb works fine. At this point I'm at a loss and don't know what else to try to get the HIDs working as they did before. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
METTALIKATT
4,922 Posts
Check for a solid connection on the relay harness, also check for an in line fuse

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does seem to have a solid connection since it gives me no issues when I plug a stock fog light bulb in. It's once I plug the HID that it stops working, but if I unplug the HID and plug the stock bulb back in it works fine again

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
how about rotate the plug going into the ballast. they need the positive on the positive and negitive on the negitive, kinda like leds.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You might need to add an hid harness. I had the same problem with my truck after a while. I had hids and they worked perfectly but after a while apparently the stock wiring is no longer sufficient to power the hids. The hid harness pulls power directly from your battery and therefore less stress on your stock wiring

Sent from Team Sierra

1 - 6 of 6 Posts