GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. New member here. I was wondering if anyone could send some help my way. I have 2 JL 12W0's in a down-firing box under the rear seat, pushed by a JL 500/1 in a 2003 Silverado Ext. Cab with a Bose factory stereo. The problem that I am having is that my subs sound non-existent. I know that I need to upgrade to an aftermarket headunit, but I really don't have the extra $ to get one and the parts to make it work with the Bose system, OnStar, and steering wheel controls. Anybody have any suggestions on how I could maximize my sound with my current setup?

Thanks

·
Original Members
1,090 Posts
try dickin around with your amp

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
i dont think theres much you can do until you get a aftermarket headunit becasue the factory one blocks lower bass

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
metz.... I tapped into the speakerwires in the driver's side rear doorsill. Could this be making a difference?

·
Registered
277 Posts
yeah it could ive noticed some of the bose setups seem to have a passive type crossover somewhere the best place ive found to tap on those has been inside of the rear of the center console at the bose amp. hope i could be of some help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Metz...Which wires do you tap into there? The same one's that I tapped into in the doorsill or am I supposed to tap into some different wires before they get to the amp? The wires that I'm tapped into now are Dark Blue/Light Blue and Brown/Yellow. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
277 Posts
pm sent let me know how it worked out for you, dont know if it would make a difference or not. if it doesnt your prob gonna have to go aftermarket to get what your looking for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
metz....thanks for your help with this. unfortunatley, i couldn't really tell a difference when i tapped into the lines at the bose amp. thanks for your help anyway. i guess i'll have to drop some $ into an aftermarket H/U when i get some extra.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
we did a Regal Limited, like a 03 that had the stocks amps in it, I ran it to the speaker wires of the 6x9s and the guy didnt like the sound. Another one of the guys ran it behind the radio and said it was way better. The amp does have a high-pass x-over going to the 6x9s and fronts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
which wires do you tap to at the rear of the radio? my wires at the back of the radio aren't the same colors as what is coming out of the bose amp to the speakers. thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
make sure your speaker wire phasing is correct at the subs - kinda obvious but I've seen it happen - just switch one of the sub polarity and see if it makes a diff - also make sure the phasing is correct at the line level converter, try switching the polarity on it if the polarity on the subs are fine - dont several on bose systems and theyve pounded - oh, and check the gains ont he line level adapter if it has them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts