GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took the stock one off to get ready for the ss cap that is drying. And I need to know how ot get the metal rivets that the old one was bolted to out so the ss with lay flat.

·
My truck is SLOW!
509 Posts
5.3vortec said:
Just took the stock one off to get ready for the ss cap that is drying. And I need to know how ot get the metal rivets that the old one was bolted to out so the ss with lay flat.
I have the same problem and would also like to know.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
5.3vortec said:
Just out of curiosity...what p/n did you use to order you SS tailgate cap? I was told that the one I posted earlier was incorrect.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well this is the only fix I came up with. Wish I would have taking pics though.

The tape on the cap was right where the tabs are sticking out, so I took and marked where each tab is and cut out about 1/2 to 3/4 inch of the tape. The tabs are about 1/16 thick same as tape. This allowed it to side pretty flat. Hope this helps others out.

·
My truck is SLOW!
509 Posts
5.3vortec said:
Well this is the only fix I came up with. Wish I would have taking pics though.

The tape on the cap was right where the tabs are sticking out, so I took and marked where each tab is and cut out about 1/2 to 3/4 inch of the tape. The tabs are about 1/16 thick same as tape. This allowed it to side pretty flat. Hope this helps others out.
I will try this out. Thanks :shake:

·
patio furniture breaker
563 Posts
5.3vortec said:
This is the one I used to order it with.

is that for the unpainted one? dont they make them already painted in the SS colors? if so, does anybody have a part # for the Victory red one?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts