GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Cool Guy
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know there are alot of fellow texans on here so do yall know if its illegal to have white turning lights in the front of the vehicle instead of amber?

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
I didn't pass inspection a few years back because of it. Unless the law has changed since 2007 then yes. I always used to keep an extra pair in my glove box in case.

M

·
0 Posts
Here's the most relevant Transportation Code I could find:

Sec.A547.353. COLOR REQUIREMENTS.

(a)A clearance lamp, identification lamp, side marker lamp, or reflector mounted on the front, on the side near the front, or in the center of the vehicle must be or reflect amber.
(b)A clearance lamp, identification lamp, side marker lamp, or reflector mounted on the rear or the side near the rear of the vehicle must be or reflect red.
Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

·
Registered
314 Posts
You guys in texas have it rough with vehicle laws, I was out there this past April in Greenville, TX what a shit hole. Having to run a front license plate must suck.

M

·
0 Posts
You guys in texas have it rough with vehicle laws, I was out there this past April in Greenville, TX what a shit hole. Having to run a front license plate must suck.
Our vehicle codes are tough, but not strictly enforced. I haven't had a front plate on my car for over a year. I fully agree Greenville is a shit hole though :lol:

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
i know there are alot of fellow texans on here so do yall know if its illegal to have white turning lights in the front of the vehicle instead of amber?
get some silverstars, they look kinda clear/blueish but light up amber...thats what I run.

go to cali...its much worse

·
Cool Guy
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
depends on where your at though cuz a trooper stopped my cousin while in her benz without front license plates... then when he ran the plates they read "stolen vehicle" which was freakin crazy cuz they werent even from the correct state! lol

this was on our way to garner btw

·
1,847 Posts
Our vehicle codes are tough, but not strictly enforced. I haven't had a front plate on my car for over a year. I fully agree Greenville is a shit hole though :lol:
:word: I haven't ever had a front plate and have yet to have a problem. I think a lot of it depends on if the vehicle "sticks out" to the cop. If he notices a kid driving a lowered truck w/o front plate and a stock truck w/ an older guy driving w/o front plate which one is he gonna pull over? Of course the teen. All of my friends have problems with it but I never have

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
And I have the same bulbs as JB and never had a problem with the lights.

I have had my plate off for about 2-3 weeks now and I never get looked at either. I drive highway and city all the time and have never had a problem.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I havent run a front plate in almost 10 years now and I have made tons of road trips across the state and have never been pulled for it. Ive gotten stopped for other things but the plate was never brought up.

·
Milk was a bad choice.
998 Posts
I've never taken my front plate off cus one of the local cops is a cock, but it will definitely be coming off when I get some stuff painted. I hope I don't get pulled over.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts