GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
hello kitty freak
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking into getting some wheels for my truck...but i really dont know where to start. first off, whats the bolt pattern, thats the first stupid question i have. second, can you guys offer up some suggestions or point me in the right direction at least. i'm really not sure if i want chrome or billet or maybe even black? all i know is i like simple designs, maybe 6 spoke? do they make any 5 spoke for a 6 lug? so many questions! so any suggestions are welcome, thanks!! ;)

·
DisgruntleD
3,822 Posts
Bolt pattern is 6 x5.5in or 6 x139.7mm.

Chrome is easiest to take care of, billet looks the best usually, color is totally a preferential choice.

They do make 5 spokes for 6 lugs, they usually will have a center cap on them, not exposed lugs.

Are you going to be lowering this, I know I read your plans somewhere I thought, but I can't find it now. What size are you looking for?

We just need some more direction for suggestions.

·
hello kitty freak
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info! i'd prefer to have the lugs exposed. and the trucks already lowered 3/5. i've had chrome before on my taco, so i dont know if maybe i wanna' go a different route with this truck, oh and i'm looking at just 20s unless i can find a good deal on 22's which i'd prefer.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Your going to need to stick with 8.5" wide rims that are tuckable with a pretty low profile tire. Moving this to the street forum would be a good idea:imo.

EDIT: to run a 22" i mean.

·
hello kitty freak
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for that info!

i was thinking maybe something sorta similar to this?
mbexpress.jpg

probably 20's

i'm open here so any other suggestions?

·
hello kitty freak
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Moving this to the street forum would be a good idea:imo.
oh really? sorry i listed it here cause wheels was listed under "exterior".. i didnt want to post over there and have everyone hate on me cause i'm a noob or something lol

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,396 Posts
i say find some 20 inch U2 55's...that's what 04silveradoscott had before his paliasdes

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
I always liked the look of the Torque Thrust St's. Probably why they ended up in my truck. :p 6 spoke and they tuck in nicely. 20x8.5

1 - 12 of 12 Posts