GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Go Big or Go home
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so guys got two questinos for you my first is its been a long winter with thew truck and its the first day i had to clean it since i been busy with work and wondering what an i use to get road grim/tar on the side of the truck off. I tried everything i had and it just seems like it dont want to come off
[
IMG_0202.jpg
and for my second question. Its the first winter i decided to run my aftr market rims since i got lift and im not really sure whats on it but i been at them for awhile and i bretty much got no where with getting it off and was wondering what should i use on them
IMG_0203.jpg

·
Go Big or Go home
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply so i pretty much got the rim ruined. Now when i was washing ths tires some of it came off. It was like it was tar abd sand mix togsther much i really hAd to work at one sport for awhile

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Hmmm... might be an accumulation of brake dust that reacted with road salt over the winter?? That would explain a tar like feel and the pitting as the metallics would have oxidized with the salt/moisture.

If you can get it mostly off try polishing the area, if its mostly a surface issue you might be able to save them.

·
Go Big or Go home
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill give it a try on our next sunny day im off but we dont salt our roads just sand them in the wi ter since it gets too cold and if i get it all off is there some type of overcat i can use on my rims to keep it from happening

1 - 5 of 5 Posts