GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about doing a L7 10 or a kicker comp 12 in the single subthump box. Either would most likely be powered by an Alpine MRP M500. I would like to do Infinity reference or kappa mids and highs but still run them off the factory deck. Not a good idea? I have had several systems and don't want anything crazy.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
I'm not a big fan of kicker solo barics... They are loud but the sound quality isn't so great... I would stick to round speakers... Look into the alpine type R one of my favs

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i have ran a single type R 12 before and it sounded great. I think the max mounting depth on the subthump box is 6.5 and the type R exceeds that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the new solo baric classics, and they sound pretty good. much clearer than the squares. I am not a kicker fan either, i just got a great deal on the kicker package from my buddies store, very happy with it. I am picky too about car audio

·
pro grade member
2,264 Posts
i like my MTX's pretty shallow sub with hard quality hits

·
1,847 Posts
No point in buying new components unless you're going to get a deck. You will notice little or any sound difference. Just buy a deck instead of components...that'll be a lot better deal :imo. The kicker comp isn't the best sub for the price. I have boston in a subthump and they sound great. I get compliments all the time. Check out crutchfield.com they have a ton of stuff and a lot of good reviews.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts