GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
JERKASS
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some ideas for some tow hooks on my 04 with out cutting the valence. Just wanted to see if anyone has done anything of the sort. I was thinkin somethin with D rings?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
maybe take off the tow hooks all together and wire some foglights or offroad lights in there instead? just an idea. dont know if you ever plan on using the tow hooks.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
IIRC you can flip flop sides and orientation. they might work.

·
JERKASS
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe take off the tow hooks all together and wire some foglights or offroad lights in there instead? just an idea. dont know if you ever plan on using the tow hooks.
That last snow made me want some on there, I don't know how many people I could have pulled out.

·
05 Sierra Crew
987 Posts
I was thinking of a crazy idea for my sierra but it could work for yours, not too sure all the schematics on the bumper brackets and how everything is hooked up (didn't really look into it indepth) but what if you got that trim piece from a HD and leaved the bumper at stock height or whatever, then you might be able to clear the hooks. But I guess it might kill your approach angle.

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
friend of mine heated his up and bent them slightly downward. They look alright but are considerably weaker im sure. He has a winch, so pretty sure he doesnt use them much.

·
Registered
542 Posts
just an idea... why dont you cut out the plastic 2" higher and sand it out really nice. IMO nobody would know the difference and if they did, they would know the reason why you did it

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
i dont have any installed. i had them flipped originally but they started fuckin up my airdam cause they werent centered.

·
Team White!
446 Posts
When I did my bodylift, I cut the frame horns off and custom made some brackets for the front bumper, that way the front end would look alot cleaner and i didnt have to cut up my z-71 valance. Looks factory that way w/o being notched. Heres a pic to show ya...

100_0047.jpg

·
4,725 Posts
The stock hooks are weak as hell. Consider it an opportunity to upgrade.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
No kidding...the ones on my '98 S-10 ZR2 were beefier I think.

How about a front mount reciever...I know they make them for alot of trucks, not sure if they make them for these trucks. I had one for my S-10 but never got around to putting it on. Then you could have a solid recovery point in the front.

·
JERKASS
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I'm thinkin somethin with D-rings. Spring break is coming up so I'll get something on there and post it up.:weld:

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
what? youre not going to mexico for spring break? haha

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
good luck man, when i was there it kinda kicked my ass financially if you know what i mean

·
4,725 Posts
The hooks on the OBS any stronger than the ones on the NBS?
Yes, how much stronger, I cannot say though...

I would pass on that chrome tow hook setup also.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts