GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I still plan on doing the SFA swap on my truck. Im just gonna go with a dana44 for sure now and nothing bigger than 38s. The thing is i just got a 94 trooper with 215k on it. It runs fine needs a lil maintenance but its a nice little suv. I plan on doing a body lift and some 33s for now, Then down the road doing a 44 on it and 35s. I need yall help...do yall know anything about this rig? axles, engine, tansfer case anything! I got it tonight so i havent had the oppurtunity to really check it out (got it from my sis fiance) so i have ridden in it and driven it but i just need any and all info. Oh and anything you can find/know about dropping in a 350 or larger engine let me know.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I would just drive it until it blows up, then junk it.
Use it to save your truck. Or sell it to put money into your truck.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In stock form

modified a lil...how mine will end up looking in a few months

heavily modified (IE hpdana60,14bolt,350,40s..etc...)...maybe after my truck sas and i have money laying around (yea right)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
leave it stock and wheel the piss out of it

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Eisenfaust, has the same problem as me..............big dreams. Except he will prolly get his done, while I'm still dreaming.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i was delat a pretty big financial blow today so...ill keep my dreams in my head just things are going to get delayed even further...which sucks..but im working on it. Unless i get a second job (which i hope i do) the sas wont be done for atleast a year from now! Should i get another job and pull in atleast a grand a month then ill be able to stay on schedule...i.e. 6 months have my sas done on my truck.

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
Hey man, I kinda/sorta have a 89 trooper. Its a automatic with the 4 banger...not a bad little rig. Real anemic. But this is what makes it so cool...This is a good little rig in the woods. Theres not enough power to really dig yourself in. A set of 33's and a locker on one of these and you can go places alot of stuff cannot.. as long as you don't get high centered.

Decent little vehicles, here were some problems I can think of...
Flimsy material! Don't over tighten ANY fastener. Really. Don't. It's an isuzu and any mechanic thats wrenched on one knows what I'm saying. Newer ones have gotten a bit better. Since its often such light material, its prone to rotting quite well too (especially here in new england). Head gasket can blow on the little 4cyl (1.8, not sure if thats what you have the 3.1 chevy was available and like a 3.2 isusu v6 as well). Other then that, they werent really bad little rigs. It felt kinda funny driving the one I had the way it was setup...Dunno, definently not like my 94 stepside I have or the old transam.

Here is what I would do to a trooper if given the chance...
33's
possibly a locker
gears
(and then the bug would catch on and lil trooper=another million dollar moneypit like mine and so many other peoples trucks and other stuff here)

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
heh thanks for the info. Im just gonna go with 15x8 inch crawlers and trim to fit 33x13.50 LTB's. Cheap tires cheap rims...probably end up not going eith the body lift and just hacking away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts