GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 1995 K1500 with a 5.7l, headers,duel exhaust. I want more power. Can someone give me an idea of affordable mods.

·
BIG boys want BIG toys
129 Posts
Air induction about $200-$300 :rocking:
Power programmer about the same price as in air induction :evil:

·
Registered
44 Posts
*mail order tune....Nelson, Westers, ect ect
*Giggle Juice is always fun
*power adder? Radix/STS/Whipple?
*Cam

So many possibilities....depends on the $$$

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
grnjetta6 said:
Ok I have a 1995 K1500 with a 5.7l, headers,duel exhaust. I want more power. Can someone give me an idea of affordable mods.

That's TBI so you're going to be limited I'd think for a while.

Maybe a new intake manifold, good cam perhaps some heads, a tune helps a ton.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
For a '95, I would do heads, intake manifold, and a chip. Beyond that I'd do a blower. The heads flow like crap, the intake manifold is just as bad, and the cam is lame. Nelson doesn't make a tune for it yet, but www.tbichips.com does them, I think westers might too... I'm holding out for the nelson, although I need some other mods first.

There isn't much on these engines that will really yeild a good boost in power mostly because the stock setup sucks so much. An edelbrock 3704 intake manifold runs about $200 and i've heard it yeilds a good 20ish hp.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
onyx said:
wouldnt a centrifugal blower be more apt for him if he were to go that route?

See, I don't like those as they make power dependant on RPM...not good for a big, heavy truck.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
onyx said:
well then FINE! :bowtie:

Well and they cost a ton of money. A good H/C combo would make great power also and be less funds. :shake:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts