GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Daddy
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck doesn't seem to be running like it should, it feels really sluggish and doesn't feel like all the power is there. My G/F has an 05 and her truck has a lot more power than my 06. Both have the 5.3 in them. I am going to be putting 33's on my truck and just wondering how much more that is gonnna bog it down.

It only has 32,000 miles on it, Any ideas?

·
Daddy
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll check into it, thanks guys.

·
Daddy
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I have 3.42 or 3.56.....I am not for sure. How much and how difficult is it to change the gearing to 4.10?

·
Back in a truck!
133 Posts
Before modding it to try and make it as fast as your girl's truck, find out why yours is not up to par. Is it same style truck? Same weight? Because they use same engine.

Look at gears, weight, etc find out why your truck is at a power loss.

THEN you can modify it. (Custom tune!)

·
Daddy
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think hers has a 3.73 rear end. But it just runs smoother and mines more spastic and doesn't run as smooth. Her truck has a lot more throttle response then mine but seems to rev out faster, mine revs out a little slower but is more spastic. They are identical trucks, just hers is a year older.

I am looking into the black bear tune. How exactly does this work, he sends me a cable and I send it back to him with the information?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think hers has a 3.73 rear end. But it just runs smoother and mines more spastic and doesn't run as smooth. Her truck has a lot more throttle response then mine but seems to rev out faster, mine revs out a little slower but is more spastic. They are identical trucks, just hers is a year older.

I am looking into the black bear tune. How exactly does this work, he sends me a cable and I send it back to him with the information?
Yes, or you can meet him.

·
Registered
354 Posts
for the cable tune he sends you a cable to hook up to your truck and a laptop if you have one available. you then log data and email it to him. Then either send him your computer if you can deal without your truck for about a week, or he can send you a computer and you'll possible have to do some more work for it to work, but its no big deal.

·
Registered
40 Posts
No offense man, but the throttle body spacer doesn't do anything but make an annoying whistle sound. I put several mods on my truck but I'm still not getting the power I want either, that's whay I currently have one of Justin's (Blackbear Performance) cables and I just sent him my PID's from test run. All you have to do is pay the deposit on the cable, he sends it out, and then you hook it to a lap top with EFI live downlaoded and drive around for about 15 min to get the info needed. Then you send him that info and I guess he just makes the tune how you want it and sends a new PCM after your payment

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,237 Posts
The gears are a problem and you need a tune to wake that thing up. Check you airfilter as well...if its really dirty your engine wont get the air it needs to run best.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
No offense man, but the throttle body spacer doesn't do anything but make an annoying whistle sound. I put several mods on my truck but I'm still not getting the power I want either, that's whay I currently have one of Justin's (Blackbear Performance) cables and I just sent him my PID's from test run. All you have to do is pay the deposit on the cable, he sends it out, and then you hook it to a lap top with EFI live downlaoded and drive around for about 15 min to get the info needed. Then you send him that info and I guess he just makes the tune how you want it and sends a new PCM after your payment
That was a joke dude. I know they sucks. But I will be getting a bb tune soon. its just not on the top of the list.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
3.42:1 gear + 33" tires = turd. Wait on those until you can regear. Then 4.30:1 at least, or be better at 4.56:1

·
Daddy
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How much for the BlackBear tune?

I thought about some 4.10's in the rear. How much would it cost for the gears......you have to change them up front too, right?

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
check the blackbear site and tells you everything...I think 4.10s would be good for 33s unless you plan on going bigger eventually than go with something lower..if your truck is 4x4 then yes you need to regear the front..unless you want to regear the front later..just dont use 4wd

1 - 20 of 36 Posts