GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a new idler pulley. I'm going to pick one up from the local parts store and they are all about the same price, roughly $20. The brands I have found are Duralast (Autozone), Murray (Oreilly's), Napa brand and Dayco (Advance). From experiences, which of these are shown to be the best? I think I remember hearing that Dayco products are pretty good, but I'm not sure.

Anybody know what the price for a GM one is for an 06 Envoy w/ 4.2L?

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,672 Posts
I need to get a new idler pulley. I'm going to pick one up from the local parts store and they are all about the same price, roughly $20. The brands I have found are Duralast (Autozone), Murray (Oreilly's), Napa brand and Dayco (Advance). From experiences, which of these are shown to be the best? I think I remember hearing that Dayco products are pretty good, but I'm not sure.

Anybody know what the price for a GM one is for an 06 Envoy w/ 4.2L?
I'd probably just go with the Napa one, the OEM pulley (12633781) is 38.89

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
im not sure why you would have been priced a murry, but oreillys stocks gates pulleys on the shelf. id grab one of those. mines been fine so far.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't go to the store, I just looked them all up online here at work and Murray is what came up on Oreilly's site.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Find one with the best warranty.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
can't beat lifetime

hell, even GM is only 1 year

BUT, keep up with the receipts. I have boxes for each car full. :rofljest:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts