GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time for me to get new shocks on my truck and I want to make sure I get the right ones. My truck is an NNBS sierra with a CCM 2.5" leveling kit. The truck gets driven pretty rough threw fields and off road farm paths so I'd like something to compensate that. I also tow a lot with a boat, peanut and cotton trailers, and other farm items. Please suggest something for me that will keep a nice ride through all the conditions. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I would recommend the bilstein shocks 5100 series.

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
Bilstein 5150's are great, affordable shocks with piggyback reservoirs. I'm gonna get those for my K5. The Fox's are awesome, but not necessary. :imo

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
ive probably needed new shocks for awhile now, just passed the 150k mile mark. ive got a body lift and plan on raising up the front with some ford keys. it came with some shock extentions.

my question is what length bilstien would be optimal for cranking the tortion keys? thanks

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright Ill look into the Bilsteins. But what are the piggyback resivours? And how much would they effect the ride? And since I have the CCM 2.5 is that going to affect the length of shock I need?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
no the 5100 series doesn't have the piggyback reservoirs. They are the ones were you can level the truck out with it also.

·
2,325 Posts
I am more than likely going to get the 5100's to replace the garbage ES3000's that I have on mine now. I have heard nothing but good about them.

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
Alright Ill look into the Bilsteins. But what are the piggyback resivours? And how much would they effect the ride? And since I have the CCM 2.5 is that going to affect the length of shock I need?
Oh, you just have a leveling kit, then in that case I'd look at the 5100 series, they should have an application for your truck, check their website. You're gonna want a shock with some more travel than stock.

·
Mr.Papagiorgio
2,359 Posts
Oh, you just have a leveling kit, then in that case I'd look at the 5100 series, they should have an application for your truck, check their website. You're gonna want a shock with some more travel than stock.
:imo

I have the 5100 on my truck and love them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a set of Rancho RS 9000XL for sale. They were on my truck for about 3 months. $200 for all four

1 - 11 of 11 Posts