GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have a rhino liner and its held up great over last 4 years.

·
lolo driver
161 Posts
cover it in denim

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
had both rhino and lenx like linx bettewr..rhyno liner is alot thicker and rubbery...linex is nice and hard....but both great choices

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
I was gonna go with Rhinoliner, but the local GMC dealership had a drop in sitting around that a customer never picked up, so I got it for $180...

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
id go linex.... you dont have to have it over the rails, thats an option at an added cost.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I believe that someone on this site actually has a Line-X shop. Can't remember who, though.

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
I just had my truck Line-X'ed under the rails. Everyone that sees it complements the great work the shop did. Got it with the "X-Tra" to keep it nice and shiny as well. One of my best investments so far, as it makes the truck look alot cleaner. Alot better than that old crappy plastic drop in cover.

·
Minitrucker
710 Posts
SPEEDLINER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It beats em all!!!!!!! and I have two Chemists on staff that will back me up! We use it on our Actuators for Refineries, and I just sprayed a Hugger Orange Speedliner in my truck this weekend!

·
Registered
311 Posts
LINE-X: Polyurethane/polyurea blend, uses a heat/high pressure application system (for better adhesion and a more uniform looking final texture), harder at Shore D 45, dries in 4 seconds (thus follows the bed’s contours much better), cures in 24 hours. Several UV products are available: Ultra Shield, Nason, or Xtra. All are one-time applications, Xtra is the best (made by Dupont only for LINE-X, contains a Kevlar micro pulp for extreme durability). LINE-X dealer have to become "certified" first before they can sell Xtra. Not all dealers are certified yet. LINE-X has a limited lifetime warranty, valid nationwide (about 600 dealers).

Speedliner (and Superliner): Solvent based brushable polyurea paint, like marine paint. (Rhino and LINE-X contain no solvents.) You mix one gallon of resin with one quart of activator and brush it on, roll it on, or use a hopper gun. Dry time is a few hours, cures in 72 hours. Since polyurea alone does not have good adhesion properties, Speedliner and Superliner must first apply an adhesive primer so that the product will stick to the bed. (Rhino and LINE-X do not need a primer.) Some dealers use non-fading pigments, some don't, you need to inquire with your specific Speedliner dealer. The solvent in Speedliner is ethyl acetate, which is EXTREMELY dangerous, the vapors alone are literally explosive. Speedliner's website states that after 2,000 hours (that's less than 3 months), the bedliner can lose up to 20% of its gloss. Speedliner's warranty is only with the dealer that sprays it.

LINE-X with Xtra:
gold1.jpg

ArizBeige1a.jpg

Xtrabox.jpg

These are the only two pics I have of Speedliner, which was applied to the rockers, flares, and steps. Notice the fading and loss of gloss:
speedliner1.gif

speedliner2.gif

1 - 19 of 19 Posts