GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to do something about this stock grill I have. Im not sure what I want to go with and havent seen all the grills that are made for mine. I know some of yall search all the time and find new shit. So I figured I would ask.

Not sure if I want a billet, a holes like the stock denali or what I want. So pics of any grill for the 04 GMC would be sweet.

To me, the front of the truck just doesnt look finished with that stock grill...

IMGP0473.jpg

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
I really like the look of the SS Speed Grills. From a distance it kind of looks like a Denali grill.

Just don't get the punch hole overlays...I think they look like :crap: IMO. The billet looks nice (just so you don't have an overlay one).

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
id keep it stock dude. i kinda like that look. or id get a bolt over billet that keeps the GMC emblem.

·
Original Members
1,090 Posts
justin i would go with the denali grill my dad just put one on his yukon and it looks badass u need to come by and see it

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree adam...to bad I dont have the same front end he has and I could add the denali grill...LOL

I just need something to finish off the front...

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
What about painting the chrome grill black to match the truck and then get the Trenz like you have adam?
I tried to do what you said, the black grill doesnt look great, but probably just the way I did it.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
bcubed said:
I tried to do what you said, the black grill doesnt look great, but probably just the way I did it.
Maybe if you could remove all the chrome from the front end (bumper and all) it would look better. But good luck painting chrome...just make sure to prep it well. Or you could buy a cheapy OEM grill for a GMC (the ones that are rough black)...they might be easier to paint, but you still have the bumper problem :think:

·
Handshake Drugs
310 Posts
vertical billet :)

·
Sunburnt or Drunk
153 Posts
check out stylinconcepts.com
they got quite a variety

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Remember this old edit when you were thinking of going down?

I still think it would look good like this!

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
Remember this old edit when you were thinking of going down?
yeah, that looks better than what I did .. i didn't do the bumper cause he didn't mention it .. I don't see where the bumper would be too much trouble, just have the chrome sandblasted off it before painting.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea, I remember the edit... Looks good to me but my painter seems to think it will be more of a pain to paint over the chrome. He said he has to ship it out to have it stripped down and then he can paint it. He wont half ass anything so I trust his word. But he wants $80 to paint the grill but im not sure what that will look like with the chrome still on the bumper...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts