GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal....I have an '03 1500 silverado single cab, short bed on 20's. It has a 5.3 V8. My dad has an '01 1500 ex-cab with the smaller motor (forgot what size). I have the option of switching trucks with him. My truck is still stock only thing done to it is the wheels and tires (not much). His already is lowered, has a system, and will eventually have 20's. I'm most likely going to lower it and put a system in as well...but i dont know if i should switch. My friend says i should...but i'm still thinking. Does anyone have any opinions on what I should do and why? Thanx a whole lot. Here is a pix of my truck and his truck (before the 20's) so u can get a visual.

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
Switch if he has a 4.8. It's not that much of a difference if you drive fast. You'll like the extended cab better. More room for people and stuff. :naughty:

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
If ur dad has the 4.8, switch with him. and having more room with the extended cab is a good thing. personally i like the 99-02 styling better of the nbs silverados, and if you do too, thats another reason to switch.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I'd switch it in a heartbeat. :bowtie:

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Slash4824 said:
If ur dad has the 4.8, switch with him. and having more room with the extended cab is a good thing. personally i like the 99-02 styling better of the nbs silverados, and if you do too, thats another reason to switch.

:slap: i love my truck... :bawl: lol... jk... to everyone their own...

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I think I would trade! :bowtie:

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
i would keep yours personally, but im guessing he is paying for both of them so if thats the case it dont matter, put your wheels on his truck :crazy:

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Hmmm, depends on how much you need more room. If you dont I would keep your truck. I couldnt go back to the old interiors, I like the new interiors and all features it has. Plus this truck is newer and bigger engine. So really, do you need more room?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i personally love extended cabs, just the look of them. I've never actually been inside a 03+ truck while it was running, but i imagine that it is alot nicer. I remember reading that its harder to put a system in a 03+

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I agree w/ E.M.D.....:read: The question is do you need/want the additional room? Personally, I would keep your truck. The 03'+ interior is much better and I like the aggressive front end. :cool:

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
BaggedC10 said:
I agree w/ E.M.D.....:read: The question is do you need/want the additional room? Personally, I would keep your truck. The 03'+ interior is much better and I like the aggressive front end. :cool:
werd on the front end...i dig it...keep yours, lighter + more HP = you go faster...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I like the looks of a lowered single cab better then the ext cab for some reason. Just personal. I would keep your truck for sure if you dont need the room.

·
Banned
164 Posts
If I was in your situation, I would keep yours because I like the shortcab look better than the extended cabs. The extended cabs look like the cab is too long, or the bed is too short, whatever. Plus you have the 5.3, which responds to performance mods better than the 4.8 does. But if you don't care about that, then switch trucks. Honestly, I think your truck looks awesome, don't switch :head:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
I'm biased, but Regular cabs rule :head:

Plus, if you traded...you wouldn't get that satisfaction of modding your own truck. Nothing beats seeing your stock ride transform into what you like.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I say keep your truck I like the new front ends better now that I have an 03 reg cab, I agree with humanzoom make your own truck what it is also and not just buy one that is customized already

1 - 19 of 19 Posts