GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Redistributing The Wealth
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying some SS rims and tires soon and was wondering what they look like on a non SS truck that is stock height. If anyone has pics of their stock height truck with SS rims, please post them up. Thanks, Justin

·
Bassmaster
701 Posts
Even if nobody posts pics, you can be assured it will look nice. At stock height though, you want to run 285/50/20 or 275/55/20's though otherwise theres too much wheelwell gap. Consider buying some 2" rear shackles too, for around $50 its a cheap mod that makes a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm not sure what year model your truck is but here is my 98 on KMC 20s at stock height.

Everyone thinks they are SS wheels but they are not(they actually came out before the SS did) anyway I hope this helps

stock height (275/45/20 tires)

2" rear drop shackle

3/4 drop (275/45/20 tires) what it looks like today

where I want it to be (hopefully in about 6 months)

·
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, paul GMC, I'm getting the rims and tires with this deal. Tires got 6500 on them and there goodyears 275/55/20 . I'm not familiar with the shackles because I dont realyy know much about dropping or leveling a truck out. Could you help me out with that..what parts and whats involved and overall turnout. Thanks

·
Bassmaster
701 Posts
Hey, paul GMC, I'm getting the rims and tires with this deal. Tires got 6500 on them and there goodyears 275/55/20 . I'm not familiar with the shackles because I dont realyy know much about dropping or leveling a truck out. Could you help me out with that..what parts and whats involved and overall turnout. Thanks

2" lowering shackles cost around $50. Your stock shackles are taken out, and the new ones are put in.....thats it, and you get a 2" rear drop from it which levels the truck. The shackles are what the rears of your leaf springs bolt onto....new shackles are longer which makes the top mounting point of the spring closer to the bed floor, thus lowering the truck. Lots of guys do it themselves but I had a shop do mine, took about an hour and cost I think $80 labor. If you have the extra cash it really makes your trucks' stance alot nicer. :crazy:

·
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds easy enough, I know you said that you paid to have them installed, but do you have any idea about how long the install would be and difficulty by yourself?

·
Bassmaster
701 Posts
Do a search, theres alot of talk about doing it yourself. I dont really have the equipment or tools so I just paid to have it done for me. Its supposedly pretty easy, as long as your bolts arent all rusty and seized up. Most guys can knock it out in under 2hrs.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
i have shackles and a fiberglass cover with a bunch of shit under it but here's mine

DSC00062.gif

DSC00061.gif

it's indigo blue but it was really dirty in the pictures :(

·
Registered
117 Posts
See sig...these are not SS rims but they are GM 20's and my truck is stock height...may give you an idea.

·
12 Second Truck Club
190 Posts
Here's mine on OEM SS wheels when it was stock height. Tires are 275/45's

007_Scan0008.jpg

·
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, fordsareslow, would you mind posting a pic if you have one but with a side shot, my truck is the same color and I really want to see how it looks because I am putting them on Friday. Thanks

·
12 Second Truck Club
190 Posts
This is the only side shot I've got. The trucks lowered 2/4 in this pic.

7bac83f8.jpg

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm buying some SS rims and tires soon and was wondering what they look like on a non SS truck that is stock height. If anyone has pics of their stock height truck with SS rims, please post them up. Thanks, Justin
Wouldn't they look the same as they do on an SS truck?

fordsareslow - what kind of bumper is that?

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
fordsareslow has the ss cladding (in the works) his rear bumper pictured is the SS one

·
12 Second Truck Club
190 Posts
I'm happy to say the truck is FINALLY getting done. Some type of road debris shot up from a big rig tire and hit the passenger side door of my truck a week and a half ago. Luckily the Insurance company is paying for it and I only have to pay the $250 deductible. The body shop bid it at $1,150 plus an extra $700 to get all the cladding and bumpers painted at the same time. This weekend I'll be mounting the cladding brackets to the body so I'll snap a few pics of that and the damage to my door.

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
I'm putting my 2/4 drop on Friday, so I'll have some extra DJM 2" drop shackles for sale next week. $40 shipped.

Interested?

·
dumpedv8
319 Posts

·
12 Second Truck Club
190 Posts
Do you have a different kind of tint on your side windows?:crazy:

Sucks about my bag situation, I guess I'll just have to use that money to get the truck into the 11's. :anitoof:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts