GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
05 Sierra Crew
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new tires soon, so I'm debating if I should go with a mild lift or mild drop. Can you guys post your rides with a 2/4 and 22's? or stock with 22's? I'm trying to find the right look I want.

Sorry I forgot to add, preferably 2wd crews. Sorry I tried to search but couldn't find nothing

Also, anyone running the 3.23 gears with 22's? How does that affect mileage, or overall performance with the bigger/heavier tires?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
id go with a 4/6 if you lower it imo. rumor is if you have a 2/4 youll just wanna go lower. i just dropped my truck 8 inches in the rear and i already want it lower

·
05 Sierra Crew
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want to go lower for a couple of reasons, I've seen trucks with the 4/6 and to me its just too low, and 2 I don't want to be notching my frame.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
oh alright..its kinda pain in the ass if your notching it yourself imo

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
2/4 2WD 2006 Crew Cab 1500... 2/4 w/ bags in back on 22s... If you plan on hauling ANYTHING with a 2/4 drop, you will hit the frame.

Solutions:

1.) Notch
2.) Air Assist Bags (AirRide SlamAir kit #59103)
3.) Don't put anything in the bed

RobbieFront.jpg

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
id go with a 4/6 if you lower it imo. rumor is if you have a 2/4 youll just wanna go lower. i just dropped my truck 8 inches in the rear and i already want it lower
I'm 2/4 and I dont wanna go lower for practicality reasons, and my previous truck was bodydropped...LOL

·
05 Sierra Crew
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh alright..its kinda pain in the ass if your notching it yourself imo
I know a lot of people do notches, but its just not my thing for now, we'll see in like a year or so though.

SuperchargedSS, you got a nice truck, I was looking at some of your pictures earlier and that would be the look that I want. I totally hear you on the drop size and practicality, exactly what I'm shooting for. If I do get a drop eventually I would probably get helper bags in the rear, how much did your set cost?

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
McGaughys 2/4 Drop was around $600 shipped...
Edelbrock IAS shocks were $280 for all 4
AirLift SlamAir Kit was $170 shipped from summit racing...
Alignment was $69...

:D

·
05 Sierra Crew
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I've been reading that both versions of the McGaughy spindles hurt the turning radius, do you notice a big difference from factory especially with the 22's?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0015-1.jpg

2/4 on stocks.. pm him for some pics of stock height with 22's as he used to have that setup

and the rumor holds true for him too-he wishes he had gone lower than 2/4

-Alex

·
Registered
596 Posts
McGaughys 2/4 Drop was around $600 shipped...
Edelbrock IAS shocks were $280 for all 4
AirLift SlamAir Kit was $170 shipped from summit racing...
Alignment was $69...

:D
I didn't pay $600 for my 4/6 McGaughys. I think streetbeatcustoms.com has the 2/4 with spindles for like $450

·
05 Sierra Crew
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chevycrews truck doesn't look that low, maybe its the wheels. I kind of like it. BTW nice M3, one day I'm gonna try and find one.

I didn't pay $600 for my 4/6 McGaughys. I think streetbeatcustoms.com has the 2/4 with spindles for like $450
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts

big difference between the 2/4 on your extended cab and the 2/4 on my crew cab...

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I've been reading that both versions of the McGaughy spindles hurt the turning radius, do you notice a big difference from factory especially with the 22's?
The 16" McGaughys spindles might affect it, but I didnt have any problems with my turning radius. The turning radius on a crew cab sucks to begin with... Mine are the 17" McGaughys Spindles...

Also, keep in mind, to lower a crew cab requires 2" shackles and 2" dropped leaf springs in the rear, not a hanger and shackle as required on extended cab and standard cab fullsize pickups....

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
2/4 2WD 2006 Crew Cab 1500... 2/4 w/ bags in back on 22s... If you plan on hauling ANYTHING with a 2/4 drop, you will hit the frame.

Solutions:

1.) Notch
2.) Air Assist Bags (AirRide SlamAir kit #59103)
3.) Don't put anything in the bed

RobbieFront.jpg
Um, can I pls have a hi-res copy of that. Desktop Wallpaper material.

I'm gonna do that same drop and wheel/tire size. Are those 40s or 35s?

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Um, can I pls have a hi-res copy of that. Desktop Wallpaper material.

I'm gonna do that same drop and wheel/tire size. Are those 40s or 35s?
PM me your email addy. I will send one out that way. I think I have the hi-res shot still...

Those are 265/40 in front and 285/40 in the rear...

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Chevycrews truck doesn't look that low, maybe its the wheels. I kind of like it. BTW nice M3, one day I'm gonna try and find one.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind

thanks, deals are comming up on the e46 M3 now:shake:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts