GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Local Drunk
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now i have LT headers, ORY to a Center/Center 3" Inlet/Outlet 14" Body Length, 20" Overall Length Magnaflow PN#14219. its way to loud, and now that my truck is lowered, the exhaust is cut right after the muffler, so it makes it even worse.

i'd like to quiet it down alot so that way i can cruise in my truck with 4 people, windows down, on a long trip and not worry about annoying exhaust.

Tell me what to get and what to do.

thanks
-Shaun

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
put a bullet or other resonator in front of the magnaflow and dump it farther out back

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts
put a bullet infront of the muffler. i would personally suggest a corsa. mine is corsa is dumped. its EXTREMELY quiet in cab until you get on it.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
ship it to me, and i'll send you my stock stuff!

Cereally, I'd just extend the dump past the axle, and if need be get a larger/different muffler welded on.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Get a tailpipe, 18" muff, and a resonator further upstream.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Spintech

·
Local Drunk
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Get a tailpipe, 18" muff, and a resonator further upstream.
if you could give me some parts numbers for what i should get, i'll order them tomorrow

thanks
-Shaun

·
Local Drunk
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ditch the dump!!!!! Run a pipe out back.
i'm going to, but i had to cut it because it was hitting the axle. but even before it was over the axle it was to loud, so i still want it to be even quiter

·
Registered
253 Posts
have an exhaust shop bend up a piece to clear the rear axle and run it a few inches short to being at the very rear of truck, you wont hear it in the cab much and still wont be able to see an ugly tip

·
Local Drunk
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
have an exhaust shop bend up a piece to clear the rear axle and run it a few inches short to being at the very rear of truck, you wont hear it in the cab much and still wont be able to see an ugly tip
yeah thats the plan, but i still want to change the muffler or add something to it to make it quiter then it was before. just don't know what to go with.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
damn dude, nice

·
Registered
840 Posts
I've got long tubes, gutted cats, and a FM 50 SUV w/tail pipes out the back. I had a Delta 40 and it resonanted. I then installed the 50 SUV dumped just behind the cab. It sounded awesome but was too loud cruising. I then put tails on it. This setup is the best balance I've found. It has great tone and volume but is not annoying at all when cruising. It doesn't drone or resonate in the cab. Don't listen to all the FM bashing. You'll only find 3-5 HP difference on a dyno between any two mufflers. I guarantee you to love the FM 50 SUV muffler.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts