GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a k20 a few days ago an now Im going threw it seeing what needs to fixed on this old truck. This was I have found so far. The rear forward spring perches are in need of repair.

first is the holes were the bolt goes threw to the inside. Its rusted out above it.
IMG_0733.jpg

More holes
IMG_0734.jpg

An for shits an gigs... the "wedges" are in the rear springs an broken spring.
IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

M

·
0 Posts
Spring perches are pretty cheap and can be burned on by a custom or metal shop. You could think about getting a stock leaf pack for the rear and a shackle flip to replace your perforated hangers and broken leaf.

I've never seen wedges in leaf springs before lol

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Spring perches are pretty cheap and can be burned on by a custom or metal shop. You could think about getting a stock leaf pack for the rear and a shackle flip to replace your perforated hangers and broken leaf.

I've never seen wedges in leaf springs before lol
I think the wedges are cheap way over making the springs not sag as much under wieght.

This would be your best bet, you can find the perchs for 20-30 bucks each and they just weld on.

And then go to http://offroaddesign.com/ Order new shackles/Shackle flip kits and go to junk yard and find some cheap stock springs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts