GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys im back in a chevy.

I purchased this in the fall and have slowly been working through and adding things.

1999 Chevy Tahoe 4x4
-44k original miles
-Whipple supercharger
-super clean one owner

-I recently added 6" RCX suspension lift and 315/70/17 goodyear duratrac tires

I am getting ready to do some paint work because when i removed the side molding there was a white foggy haze behind that now needs to be repainted.

Give me some advice on what you think would look good and give it a little unique look.

My truck:

Here is what im thinking: charcoal gray gloss bedliner along bottom and bumpers, minus the flares bc i am not a fan of them on 4 door hoes.

If I were to do that should I do the wheels gray as well or gloss black??

I am open to opinions and pictures and ideas. Thanks

·
Registered
876 Posts
Keep it as is. Don't need to ruin a nice low mile truck with bedliner like every 16 year old. You're just bored.

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
I'd try to get the haze out by detailing methods. Paint at last resort, just like it is. Looks good as is, I'd just throw some clear corner lights in the front.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Led taillights

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Keep it as is. Don't need to ruin a nice low mile truck with bedliner like every 16 year old. You're just bored.
Couldn't have said it better myself. People bed line rocker panels usually when the vehicle is high mileage and shows alot of rust. If your that board with the look. Maybe later on buy some new 18" chrome wheels and new tires, billet bar grill and bowtie.

New headlights with clear corners would be a nice change.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really appreciate the advice guys and I think you have made me decide to keep it black and address the paint issue..

Long story short when I ordered these rims I ordered flat black by accident and I have hated the finish ever since..

Help me decide please!

OPTION 1:
Powder-coat the existing rims satin black or gloss black?

OPTION 2:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/17X9-inch-B..._Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item2ede7fd6f1&vxp=mtr

These without red inserts:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/17x9-Black-..._Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item51cc50e258&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/17x9-Black-..._Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item51cd2091af&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
9,783 Posts
new rims and clear corners

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Great looking OBS. Powder current wheels. I really dig the classic look, flows with the truck so well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
263 Posts
Looks good, what happened to the 02 Rcsb?

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
I say go for the ballistic's without the red of course. The three other rims you posted all flat black. When did they start makming 17'' rockstars? As if they werent played out enough they offer them in yet another size. I also figured rockstars would look pretty good if powdered coated gloss black.

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
Powder wheels now gloss black, that classic style wheel looks great

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't know about you, but I like the first tire link you posted, that's 17X9 inch Black wheels KMC XD 775 ROCKSTAR. Looks sharp.

Yes, keep it sleek and classy. Truck already looks good. Hope you got to remove the white stains btw.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well the truck will stay black and I will try to get the white marks out.

Also I just demounted wheels to get them powdercoated because I hate the chalky color that flat black creates.

Do I powdercoat:

*MATTE BLACK

*GLOSS BLACK

*OR GO CRAZY AND DO RED WITH INNER BLACK

Im trying to make things look a little unique which is where the red idea came from. lol

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I need you guys to think out of the box!!

What do you think if i leave the inside of wheel black and do this color on outside? Am I losing it? lol. I cant find any pics on a black truck.

ps i know its a atv wheel..

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
I'd do the face gloss black. If you really wanted red, only do the inside of the holes, or just a line around each of them

1 - 20 of 23 Posts